Disturbing revelations about John and Mackenzie

Share stories and discussions about John Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Disturbing revelations about John and Mackenzie

Postby Alby » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:13 am

Hi,
Mackenzie's story can be true or false, but in any case, if I like a certain kind of music I can't stop liking it cause of a story that will never be proved to ever have existed; that "story" can be used by Mac to earn money, as has already been said, but also to free herself from a dark period she may have lived through, now that John's not alive she may not feel the pressure of his existence to tell it.

John's relatives can say whatever they think, but since John's not there to prove it was true or false, I'm not able to judge the two sides, one is missing.

In my opinion, John was, and still is, an incredibly creative artist, apart from the things that happened in his own life or the way he acted in some cases...the result of his work over the years is excellent for me, I separate the artist from his personal life.

Albert.
Alby

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Don't wanna keep harping on this topic, but, just to set the record straight on Bijou's stance on this...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfg ... y_id=48565
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm hoping this scandal doesn't slow down the next release in the Papa John Presents series. I think the next one was going to be an unreleased album by the New Mamas & Papas from the early 80s.
Dark Horse 77

Postby John Sands » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHELLE-MACKENZIE- ... 19b4ea7008 I'm re-posting this link with the hopes that we will see these 2 together again soon in a new photo
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:50 am

Hi John,
Thanks for posting this link! I'd forgotten about it.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 am

No problem Nicole.
John Sands

Postby ChrisOtheBigC » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Give it time: it's a whole lot for Michie to come to terms with.
ChrisOtheBigC

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:07 am

Going to start reading the book today.

I waited until all of the furor died down and all sides got their feelings out.

Like I said, (as far as I am concerned) Jessica's (Denny's daughter) e-mail to Oprah was the nail in the coffin.

She had ZERO to gain from lying - she actually had more to lose because I am sure that she receives some M&P's royalties due to Denny being her father and this all could easily affect that in a negative turn.
TRAVISJAMES03

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:53 pm

OK, I finished the book.

First of all, there is nothing salacious in he book about John. What happened, happened (according to MacKenzie) and she does not go into great detail about it. She talks about it as tastfully as one can.

She also does not dwell on this in the book - there are MANY other things in it too (she is graceful in the fact that it is obvious that she could have written a helluva lot more about the people in her life, but chose not to, which earns a lot of respect from me).

The number one person she blames in this book is herself (the drugs, etc.). She does NOT go easy on herself at all.

This is a frank look at a very fascinating life.

The passage about Owen giving her Cass' Christmas ornaments to safeguard is very sweet. Owen REALLY means a lot to MacKenzie and their friendship is VERY precious to her.
TRAVISJAMES03

Previous

Return to John Phillips