NOT FEELING CONNECTED ...........

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

NOT FEELING CONNECTED ...........

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:24 pm

When I first discovered this group I was so happy, and maybe over anxious to talk to anyone who knew Cass, and was connected to her in any way. I have tried to reach out to those who knew Cass both family and friends to let them know just how much Cass meant to me all of these years growing up, and finally being able to tell someone close to her how I have felt all of these years. It feels like Cass was a part of my life too through her music, and through the pictures and the videos that I see of her. That's all that I've got. I actually shed tears when I think about her passing away at the height of career and not being able to raise her daughter Owen and watch her grow up. Maybe I don't come across the right way or something I don't know. But I would just like to be able to come on this site and feel like a part of the group, and feel connected. I don't. I feel that I get ignored and brushed off, and not even acknowledged. It makes me so sad because Cass is my idol, and I love her so much. I just want Owen an her family to know how much Cass and her music has inspired me. I always dreamed of going on a talk show and actually meeting Cass's family in person and telling them face to face how I feel. I don't know what more to say. It's not like I can talk to Cass herself and tell her how I feel. I don't know ......This post may sound silly, but I just thought that I should let someone know how I feel. Maybe others feel this way too, and don't know how to come forth and say how they feel. I am hoping that I can connect with more people on this sight and be more involved in the discussions here. If I ever asked something that was stupid I apologize. I do remember a time when I had asked a question and I felt that I was in the wrong. I am asking because I care and I want to know as much about Cass and her life as I can. Anyhow my name is Niecey Colette Szymanski. I am 43. And I am a very devoted fan of Cass's. She is in all that I do, and will always be my favorite idol. Her music inspires me each and everyday, and I just want everyone to know how I feel. I wish that I could have met Cass, and feel that all anyone can do is keep her spirit and memory alive by coming together on here, and on any other site and remembering the great person that she was. It seems that people these days don't speak much about Cass or even remember what a great singer she was. Let's not let this happen. Let's all come together and talk, and keep Cass's spirit and memory alive. I feel better now since I wrote this and hope that I will get some feedback. I am also on Facebook as Niecey Alexander-Szymanski if anyone is on there and would like to connect with me. Thanks so much for reading this post. This is the only place people can talk about Cass, and actually talk to others who care about Cass and feel the same way.
Sincerely
Niecey Szymanski
PEACE LOVE AND UNITY ALWAYS
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Re: NOT FEELING CONNECTED ...........

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Hey there, Niecey. I'm sure no one here has intentionally ignored you. I don't recall seeing any particular posts from you before. The only way for people to know you're here is to post! :mrgreen: There are plenty of threads here that I'm sure many people would be glad to discuss, just hop in and post your opinion on the topic, or start some of your own. :D
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Ok. I will try again. I know that this is a wonderful sight, and like I said I just want to feel connected and get in on the conversations here, and be able to share my feelings with other Cass Elliot fans. I can't do this anywhere else. People in todays society only care about Hip Hop and the world today. I am into the styles , trends, and music from back in the 60's and 70's. I can relate better to that time. Things are sure different now, and I will never change my view on what I like. People are always trying to change me, but it's in me. I love The Cass Elliot days, and life from back in the 70's from when I was growing up. Anyhow thanks so much for answering my post. It means the world to me. I will surely look to speak with you when I see you on line.
Niecey C. Szymanski
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:30 pm

No problem, sent ya a friend request on Facebook as well.
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:39 am

:)
Got that. Thank You so much!
Niecey
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Postby Midnight Voyager » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Hi Niecey,

I'm sorry that you haven't felt connected here. I hope that feeling has changed! :) I really appreciate your expressions of how Cass has been such a significant and positive force in your life. I suspect that everyone who comes to this site is here because Cass - her spirit, voice and music - has had an similar impact on them. In this regard, we are all connected! (In life, Cass was well known for bringing people together, so her legacy lives on!)

I'm not really clear about what your expectations were. A post that simply extolls your love of Cass is a nice read, but it is not necessarily going to elicit many responses...for the fact that we are all here implicitly for our collective love of her. So feel free to respond to other posts, share your knowledge and opinions, pose questions and make inquiries. We all look forward to that! You are appreciated and welcome here.

Sincerely, Midnight Voyager aka Vin
Midnight Voyager

Postby KimL » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:20 am

Hi Niecey,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't felt connected here... feel free to jump in and add to discussions and post new ones. We all share in a deep love for Cass and her music, and you're most welcome here!

It's been a long time since you and I have personally corresponded, so I wanted to definitely take a moment to welcome you to the board! Enjoy!

Warmest,
Kim
----------
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Midnight Voyager (Vin)
Thank You so much for taking the time to respond back to me. I am sorry that it's been a while, but I haven't been on the site in a little over a week. As for your comment about you not knowing what my expectations were. Nothing more than the rest. I would ask things and no one responded. Or I would make a comment and I didn't get any answers after I had asked a simple question about Cass's burial place. I didn't realize that it was a privacy thing and it just seemed that once I asked that people acted a little funny towards me. I was new to the sight. This was a few years ago, and I do understand now why it is something that isn't disclosed. Someone explained the reason to me, and I respect and agree fully with it. I guess like any place else you have to move around a bit and mingle a while before you fit into the clique. I guess I just didn't get much of a welcome. And when I found this site for Cass I was on cloud 9. I was so happy, and I guess just a little bit disappointed with the overall lack of greeting that I got. Anyhow ya know what? That is all old. A few years old, and I am ready to start over, make some new friends here, and find out as much as I can about Cass. I will definately respond to the posts. Or ask something I want to know even if it may sound stupid. After all it is all about Cass. And I am so glad that I can come to a place like this and talk to other Cass fans, and people who actually knew her. She was a wonderful woman. Once again I thank you for your response back to me. I see quite a few people checked it out. Drop me a line to say Hi sometimes!
~Niecey~
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Kim L.
I Thank You also for dropping me a line back in response to my original post. I do remember us connecting and talking and then you just stopped writing. I thought I'd sent you a message again, and still I didn't hear from you. so I guess that is where I began to feel that I wasn't a part of the group. I am ok now, and willing to try to jump in, and add to posts and ask questions. I'd love to connect back up with you again and talk. As always my love for Cass is the reason that I keep coming back to the site. I think this is a wonderful site, and I Thank Owen and Richard for all of their hard work inmaking this site such a success. Thanks again for answering my post. I do feel connected now.
~Niecey~
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion