JUST WONDERING ......................

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

JUST WONDERING ......................

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:02 pm

:?: Is Cass Elliot 's name on The Walk Fame? It should be. How about The Mamas And The Papas period? I only ask because I don't know and I am a fan who cares. It bugs me that people don't acknowledge the artists of the 60's and 70's anymore. Just because some may have died and times have changed doesn't mean that we should just stop listening to the music that was so popular at one point in time. I think artists work so hard on what they do, and it takes hours of rehearsal, and time to do their songs ........They should never be forgotten. Never. I love and appreciate Cass and her music so much. Each one of Cass's songs touch my life in a very different way. There are songs that help me when I feel determined and hopeful, "Coming To The Best Part Of My Life:, and songs that make me feel happy to be me and be my own person. That one in particular is ....:Make Your Own Kind Of Music. Sorry to go off the point here. I just ramble on and on when it comes to Cass.
Sincerely
Niecey Szymanski
PEACE LOVE AND UNITY ALWAYS
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Re: JUST WONDERING ......................

Postby Nicole » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:30 am

Hi Nicey,
As far as as I know, Cass and The Mamas and The Papas are not on the Hollywood Walk of Fame as yet. Some tine ago, Owen posted that they were wroking on it. However, the group was inducted in the Rock Walk of Fame in 2007, with Michelle Phillips representing the group, along with Owen, and Lou Adler was also inducted. There is a nice picture of the induction in the book by Harvey Kubernik, Canyon Dreams. A great read too!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:20 pm

;) Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my post Nicole. It's always nice to interact with other Cass fans. I'll have to check that book out with the picture in it! Thanks again.
~Niecey~
PEACE LOVE AND UNITY ALWAYS
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Postby Nicole » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:17 am

Hi Nicey,
You're welcome! FYI: There are a lot of other great pics of Cass, Michelle Phillips and the group in Canyon of Dreams,too. It's a great read also, with lots of commentary by Michelle and Lou Adler.
Take care,
Nicole

Postby Nicole » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:21 am

Hi Nicey,
You're welcome! There are many pictures of Cass, Michelle, etc. in Canyon of Dreams. It's a great read too, with lots of commentary by Michelle and Lou Adler.
Take care,
Nicole

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion