[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - ANOTHER QUESTION ..........................

ANOTHER QUESTION ..........................

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

ANOTHER QUESTION ..........................

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Did Cass consider herself to be a Hippie or was she just a part of that era? I find that whole era facinating. I love all of the styles and trends from the 60's and 70's. I loved Cass's style.
~Niecey~
PEACE LOVE AND UNITY ALWAYS
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Re: ANOTHER QUESTION ..........................

Postby Nicole » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:27 am

Hi Hippienicey,
Good question, I don't know. I think that from reading Michelle Phillips's memoir and other interviews she's given over the years, Michelle seems, at the time, ( the 60's) to have considered herself a hippie. I don't know about Cass.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby adamcarr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Hi Hippy Neicy,

Cass says something in the MAMA CASS TV SPECIAL dvd to Buddy Hackett about "us Flower Children" or "Hippys" from memory. May want to check that out for confirmation.

Cheers,
Adam :D
adamcarr

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Adam and Nicole Thank You so much for trying to answer my question here. In my opinion I think she was. She used to wear clothing that was from back in that era, and I guess I would have to really research that one unless her sister Leah could answer that one. I am just so moved by that era and once I really started researching Cass, and that era I just realized that I had it in me even though I was born in 1965. I will always love the 60's and 70's. I just can't move on to this generation and the music of today. The music back then was so much more meaningful, and made a whole lot more sense. You could really feel it ya know? Anyhwo ..........Thanks again! Look forward to speaking with you again.
~Hippie Niecey~
PEACE LOVE AND UNITY ALWAYS
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Postby John Sands » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:33 am

In the 'Rolling Stone" interview, when referring to her newfound motherhood, Cass said something to the effect of, 'children of hippies', being different.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:15 am

Hi Hippy and John,
Hippie, you're welcome, and thanks John for the memory jog! I'd forgotten about that.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:46 am

No problem Nicole. Glad to help with the jog.
John Sands

Postby Midnight Voyager » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:24 am

Midnight Voyager

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion