The Mamas & The Papas reputation

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

The Mamas & The Papas reputation

Postby ignasi » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:34 pm

How have Mackenzie's allegations affect The Mamas & The Papas fame?
The terrible news does not arrive in my country (I live in Spain), so here nobody knows about that. I have different feelings: I like their music, but right now I don't listen to them as before. The feelings I got listening to them have changed.
But in your country, what is the feeling?
ignasi

Re: The Mamas & The Papas reputation

Postby Tri.Moon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:44 am

Well here in Finland nobody cares since I don't know anyone who even knows Mamas & Papas. Anyway, I don't care personally what happend, their music is still good.
Tri.Moon

Postby Sportguynj1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:21 am

I live in New Jersey and work in New York City and I do notice a difference - WCBS 101.1 FM which is the oldies station playing songs from the 60's, 70's and 80's used to play the Mamas and Papas everyday - usually "California Dreamin'", "Monday, Monday" or "Dedicated to the One I Love" for the most part and even "I Saw Her Again", "Words of Love" and "Creeque Alley" sometimes but since Mackenzie's revelations about her father I hardly ever hear them played on the station anymore and that's not right. John Phillips is not here to defend himself against these allegations and to deprive the public from listening to their music is a terrible backlash.

However, I do have Sirius Sattelite radio in my Jeep and the 60's station does continue to play the Mamas and Papas music so I'm glad for that.

My question is, now that the big screen movie of the Mamas and Papas is supposedly in pre-production, how will this backlash against John Phillips affect this project?
Sportguynj1

Postby adamcarr » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi Guys,

Thankfully, here in Australia the news disappeared as quickly as it arrived, M&P's are still on the playlists and it doesn't seem to have affected anything. No distributor is bringing Mac's book into the country so therefore the only publicity about it came via the international news. We truly are our own little world down under!

Cheers,
Adam.
:D
adamcarr

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)