[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Anyone else just LOVE Cass' music?

Anyone else just LOVE Cass' music?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Anyone else just LOVE Cass' music?

Postby BabyImYoursCass » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 pm

I LOOOOOOVE CASS! :oops:
Sorry, I seem as though I'm a soppy teenager crushing on an older, much more attractive woman. Well...

I don't exactly know what to write here, and it will be public and people will read it, this is innerving to say the least, but I had to send a post on her website.

First thing I wanted to know was whether she was religious. I am not, but I felt hugely interested to know what she felt on this subject.
I also wanted to mention the dream I had of her singing 'Baby I'm Yours' to me a week or so ago, this lightened my heart even though the tune was different (I guess I had forgotten the tune, but loved the song, the words were correct.)
Thirdly, I wanted to say I felt great sadness when I found out she had died. I am only 15, but I had been listening to her songs for a few days before watching her biography on the Bio channel. Knowing she had died created masses of shock, even though it was such a long time ago... I can honestly say the next day at school was difficult, and I couldn't explain to anyone why I was so upset. I didn't know why I hadn't the sense to realise that she may have passed away hence no more releases of her songs, but I guess I just felt so empowered by her music I hadn't thought, or didn't want to think, of that possibility.

I'm sorry this is dragging on, if you are still reading (which is very likely otherwise you wouldn't be reading this) I congratulate you.

I don't know why I had to put this out there, but I love Cass' music, as I said.

When I listen to her I feel like she is dancing through me as the sound elevates my heart. I almost feel as though I'm mentally hugging her. It's a wonderful feeling to have and her music inspires that. Her voice inspires that.

I'm glad she was in the world - if not now - I'm glad she was. She's still in my head and in my heart.

Thank you very much for creating this site. I'll stop rambling now :P

Reuben
BabyImYoursCass

Re: Anyone else just LOVE Cass' music?

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:28 am

Well spoken, Reuben!

It's great to know that Cass and the M&P's music is still finding a new audience all these years later. Welcome aboard, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

:D
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Rillig » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:42 am

I didn't know where else to put this thought, this seemed sort of correct...

I've been totally fascinated by Cass Elliot since I could walk, she was a constant presence in my childhood pop culture world, and only recently, because someone said something about HR-Pufnstuf I suddenly descended into research/archival mode... and just in the last few days, from you all and from various other sources, I've learned so much about her as an artist (as a person, too, to the extent that a) that's possible and b) without wanting to pry) and the thing that I've been... surprisingly surprised to discover is how complex she was... and I mean that in a good way, I mean intricate.

I will never forget the first time I heard "Dancin in the Street," I was a little kid, and toward the end when they start going through naming the cities, and Cass says "Alexandria"--my heart stopped, she said it so quick and so articulated, and my little 6 or 7 year old mind went, "whoa--she's really, really smart"...I listened in wide-eyed infatuation.

And over the last few days I've realized what depths are behind that quick enunciation and wit. And her complex relationship to the artistry and business of the groups she was in; and her own artistic visions; and the audiences and generations of audiences; and the diversity of genres she appreciated and operated in...

I knew she was one of a kind but I've come to realize she's on a whole other level of one-of-a-kind than I thought. She was an artist at home everywhere and yet no where, and it seems had that rare rare rare ability to translate her own quite towering intellect into a wavelength that was accessible and enjoyable for a wide swath of people.

I can't wait to learn more. What a tremendous presence in American art. What a tremendous presence in human art.
I'd rather be different than be the same.
Rillig

Postby HippieNiecey1965 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:49 am

:) I feel exactly the same way that you do about Cass and her music. This is what I mean ......we need to be able to connect with others who feel the same way. Whenever I hear any of Cass's songs I am overjoyed and happy. Most people these days just look at me, and wonder what is wrong with me? I say nothing. I love and appreciate music from back when I was a kid. It made more sense back in the day and people were real. Now a days people are so phoney. Cass was Cass. None of that lypo suction, and nose jobs and all of that. People were people and people just accepted you for who you were. Anyhow I would love to chit chat with you about Cass Elliot, The Mamas And The Papas, and the good old days. I am always looking to talk with others who feel the same way that I do about Cass. Please drop me a line any time. I don't mind listening. Seriously. Then I'd have someone to vent to as well who'd actually know who I was talking about and who would listen. Never stop believing in her. We are who keep her spirit and memory alive. All of us who love her so much! So yes .........I too just love Cass's music, and all others from back in that era. But mostly Cass.
PEACE LOVE AND UNITY ALWAYS
Niecey
PEACE LOVE AND UNITY ALWAYS
~Hippie Niecey~
HippieNiecey1965

Postby tunnelrat22 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:16 pm

tunnelrat22

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion