What's Next In Line for Cass Re-releases?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: What's Next In Line for Cass Re-releases?

Postby jcg » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:55 am

Hello,
I think it all boils down to the unsavory subject of who owns what. It seems that Cass' solo stuff is owned by many different corporate entities and they're not always conducive to harmonious negotiations. Recently, Owen shared here that a possible DVD release of Cass' solo appearences wasn't feasible, since the rights to license them would be astronomical and cost-prohibitive. It would be awesome if Owen owned all the rights to Cass' stuff; then we could have a thorough re-assesment of Cass' audio and video legacy done with love and attention to detail. sigh... If only life were that accommodating!

In the meantime, here's hoping for more gems, undiscovered or not! Maybe the reissue of "Please Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" with the alternate studio tracks that was hinted at on this forum recently?

Peace to all.
jcg

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Don't get me wrong, I totally applaud how Owen worked her rear off to get "TRINPFAL" album out on CD. We have tons more CE material than we did just even two years ago.

As I said, what really gets me is that Owen (and us) have to scratch and claw to get these gems out of the dusty vaults when TOTAL crap rules the airwaves today.
TRAVISJAMES03

Postby jcg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Whatever the next release is, I hope it includes the incredible footage I found on youtube of Cass singing Gilbert O'Sullivan's "Alone Again (Naturally)". I'd never seen or heard it before and stumbled on it yesterday. So incredibly touching! God I miss her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIloyfd4jXQ
jcg

Postby Nicole » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:47 am

Hi jcg,
Thanks fpr posting that youtube clip of Cass singing alone again. I'd forgotten about that.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:22 am

I love Cass' version of that song. So sweet. Thanks for posting.
John Sands

Postby jcg » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:10 pm

Glad to share it!

I keep on hoping that there are audio and video treasures galore just like that clip buried in an attic somewhere just waiting to be dolled-up and remastered! I'm sorry, is it still healthy to dream?!?!
jcg

Postby Nicole » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am

Hi JC,
Yes, it is! Keep dreaming.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Previous

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion