Monterey Pop poster

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Monterey Pop poster

Postby Nicole » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:37 am

Hi everyone,
I found this link from Hertiage Auction Galleries, in their April 2010 Music and Entertainment Memorabilia auction. Enjoy! http://entertainment.ha.com/common/view ... t_No=49373
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Re: Monterey Pop poster

Postby John Sands » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:30 am

Nice and vintage Nicole. Thanks for sharing. Ah, wish that I had H.G. Wells' time machine at my disposal.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:46 am

Hi John,
You're welcome. Me, too!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Midnight Voyager » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:43 pm

I feel so lucky! I have a near-mint Monterey Pop poster. 20 years ago I went to a record convention. There was someone selling vintage posters. I asked if he had the Monterey poster. He laughed and said that was sort of like the Holy Grail of posters. Still, he took my name and number. 2 years later he called to tell me he found one!

Unbelievably he mailed it to me without payment, so I could look at it and decide if I wanted it. Of course, once I had it in my hands I wasn't going to let it go. At the time it seemed like a lot of money ($400), but the value has gone up considerably.

The condition of my poster is really in amazing condition. I recall the seller telling me that, of the posters that still exist, the silver foil has deteriorated on many of of them, and that never saw one with all the foil intact.

I spent about $150 to get mine professionally framed with protective UV glass. Taking cues from the colors in the poster, I chose a purple metal frame and a green matting. This poster hangs in my living room, accompanied by another Vintage poster - a 1969 Fillmore West poster.
Midnight Voyager

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)