[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - "Many Mamas Many Papas" Track Listing

"Many Mamas Many Papas" Track Listing

Share stories and discussions about John Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

"Many Mamas Many Papas" Track Listing

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat May 15, 2010 5:21 pm

Many Mamas Many Papas CD DISC 1:
1. Go Now!
2. Frankie
3. Chinaman
4. Love is Coming Back
5. Yachts
6. I Wish
7. Not Too Cool
8. Kokomo
9. Love Song
10. She Got She (the Game of Love)
11. Babies
12. Love Life
13. Crying In the Shower
14. Flowers
15. Fairy Tale Girl (Somewhere Near Japan)
16. Kwella

Many Mamas Many Papas Songs DISC 2:
1. Straight Shooter
2. 12:30 (Young Girls Are Coming To the Canyon)
3. Mississippi
4. Spanky and Our Gang Medley: Lazy Day/Like To Get To Know You/Sunday Will Never Be the Same
5. San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair)
6. One Day At a Time (Theme From the Tv Series)
7. Wilderness of Love
8. Creeque Alley

!!!
Ars_Nova_Chris

Re: "Many Mamas Many Papas" Track Listing

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:59 am

Dark Horse 77

Postby terry anderson » Sun May 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Hey, Thanks for posting this upcoming cd. I am on it!
terry anderson

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Mon May 17, 2010 1:14 pm

A little disappointed that it doesn't have Zulu Warrior or Mr. Blue as previously advertised. With Mr. Blue especially, I can't hear enough versions of that song. I with the spare, acoustic version played in the Straight Shooter doc would get released on cd.

Also, I'm surprised there's nothing on Papa John's official site.
Dark Horse 77

Postby pauliewood » Fri May 21, 2010 3:02 pm

happy that "the year 2000", "Zulu Warrior" and "Mr. Blue" are not included...have heard them on too many compilations, and they are not among Mr. Phillips' best compositions. I wish the horribly banal "Love Song" wasn't included, but I guess with all the MacKenzie and John buzz lately, it makes sense. I am happy to see so much new material. Hopefully we will see an actual release this time around!
pauliewood

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Sat May 22, 2010 8:21 am

I've only heard "2000" and "Zulu Warrior" a few times on the Pussycat and Pay Pack and Follow cds. Have you heard more alternates of them? "Mr. Blue" on the other hand, is absolutely one of my favorite Phillips tunes. I've heard the Pussycat, Pay Pack Follow, Romance Is On The Rise versions plus the beautifully stark, acoustic version in the Straight Shooter doc and I'm still ready to hear more versions of it.
Dark Horse 77

Postby dunhill » Sat May 22, 2010 11:22 am

I absolutely hate Zulu Warrior, but I really like Mr. Blue!
dunhill

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sat May 22, 2010 5:27 pm

I've been dying for a release of the acoustic Mr. Blue from the Straight Shooter doc since I first heard it a decade ago!
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Sat May 22, 2010 7:34 pm

I love that we're at least getting these treasures released to us yearly. As per the acoustic Mr Blue, I'm hoping when all the unreleased albums are out we'll get a box set with lots of rare items. Between the Smoothies, Journeymen, Mamas, and solo there must be a lot of stuff still not out there.
Dark Horse 77

Postby pauliewood » Sun May 23, 2010 1:44 am

Does anyone know..is disc 2 a "live" cd? It isn't stated, but I assumed it is.
pauliewood

Next

Return to John Phillips