[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - What the...!? CE/Road/Mama 2 CD reissue!!!!

What the...!? CE/Road/Mama 2 CD reissue!!!!

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

What the...!? CE/Road/Mama 2 CD reissue!!!!

Postby jcg » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:13 pm

What the hell?! Where did this reissue come from? How did it get past us? Is this a new remaster? It says "extensive liner notes from John Tobler" - are Richard or Owen involved? AAAHHHHHH!

http://www.amazon.com/Cass-Elliot-Road- ... 414&sr=1-1
jcg

Re: What the...!? CE/Road/Mama 2 CD reissue!!!!

Postby CassFanForLife » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:28 am

Whoa ???!!!! Now you have my attemtion....

This is an intersting link..... hmmmm...I may have to see about ordering that one from the record store I frequent that deals with old albums, cds, etc..... I can't order online...I wonder if Chapters can order it ? I like the cover shot on this reissue and it's a 3- in- 1 deal ?!......Thankyou for bringing this to our attention !!!!
CassFanForLife

Postby jcg » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Dear CassFanForLife

You're very welcome. I haven't heard much about this release, but it looks really good! I'm hoping Richard will jump in and inform us about it.

jcg
jcg

Postby jcg » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:11 am

I still haven't been able to find any info on this reissue. It sounds amazing, but there's no indication which remaster it uses, whether Owen or Richard are involved or even a record label. Here's hoping someone knows.
jcg
jcg

Postby dunhill » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:22 pm

It's a BGO (Beat Goes On) Records project. They did the Deliver/Papas & Mamas reissue several years ago. No idea what mastering they are using. I don't think Richard or Owen is involved.
dunhill

Postby jcg » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:58 am

Dunhill
Thanks for taking time to answer my question. It seems like an excellent reissue (wish Richard or Owen were involved though).
jcg

Postby Rbcsoup » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:48 am

I have talked to Mr. Tobler about the effort. He has written a number of liner notes for a variety of different artists. I do not believe his essay will be particularly lengthy. If you have the other BGO release that was mentioned in a previous post then you know what to expect. It's a nice concept to have all the RCA albums together but the packaging etc is somewhat Spartan.

Of similar interest may be the fact that Universal in Japan is putting out Cass' first two Dunhill albums and the Dave Mason album too. I've talked with them as well and while it looks as if Bonus Tracks will be included, they will likely be recordings that have already been released (such as some of the rarities in the Hip-O anthology).

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby CassFanForLife » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Thankyou Richard, for your posting response to this topic, much appreciated :)
CassFanForLife

Postby jcg » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Thank you Richard for enlightening us!

I saw the post for the Japanese reissues. Are they available through the domestic amazon.com?
jcg

Postby jcg » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:43 am

The release for this set has been delayed until September.
jcg

Next

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion