[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Cass on "People Like Us"

Cass on "People Like Us"

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Cass on "People Like Us"

Postby jcg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:44 pm

jcg

Postby jcg » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:02 am

I went back and compared remastering on the original "People Like Us" CD release vs. the anthology version and there is NO comparison. I'm stumped as to why Ars_Nova_Chris would label it "one of the worse". You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but would you perhaps enlighten us with what you mean?
jcg

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:35 am

There's another thread on here in which I explained this in detail, I'll see if I can dig it up...
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby jcg » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 am

jcg

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:52 am

Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby jcg » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks Chris,

I'm a fairly recent convert to the Ms & Ps and other than hearing them on the perifery of my childhood, I was initiated and blown away by the "All the Leaves Are Brown" collection. I have never heard them on vinyl or on the CD you mentioned in your post, so I have no reference for comparison; however, don't worry about remastering anamolies getting in the way of the magic coming across. I'm living proof that it's as potent as ever!

Again, thank you for taking time to enlighten us. Your passion for the music is apparent.

jcg
jcg

Postby cherbette » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:48 am

I must agree with Chris that the remastering jobs on most recent The Mamas and The Papas compilations is TERRIBLE. I am curious about the 24-bit Japanese remaster of "People Like Us". I searched the web but was unable to find any information on this one. Can any one point me in the right direction? Thanks

-Matt
cherbette

Postby Midnight Voyager » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Considering that they had ended the group two years prior, and likely none of them were too thrilled to have to get together again, I think the album is much better than they themselves thought of it. Of course it's a departure -- the style of music was changing drastically at that time. The music on the album just reflects that time and hints at where a 1970's version of The Mamas & Papas would go stylistically.
Midnight Voyager

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Sadly, it is now apparent that CE was having SEVERE health problems at the time of this albums recording (though no one really knew in '71. I mean, she did have a nurse, but no one really knew the severity of CE's medical condition, IE her heart, et all).

It is so sad that CE passed away because I know that sometime in the future the M&P's would have gotten back together eventually (especially during the revival of so many 1960's bands in the 80's).

We must cherish all of the material that she (as wel as her solo material) and the rest of the group gave us in that short span of time that they were together.

The M&P will NEVER be matched by ANY artist currently in the music industry today - NEVER.
TRAVISJAMES03

Previous

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)