[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Concert dates and info for the M&P's and related groups

Concert dates and info for the M&P's and related groups

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Concert dates and info for the M&P's and related groups

Postby John Sands » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:02 am

Christopher60s,

was the Chicago show with Jill Gibson?
John Sands

Postby dunhill » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:06 pm

The New Ms&Ps - October of 1990 in Olympia, WA. The group played two shows at a little 250 seat lounge called Detroit's at Crackers in the downtown area. The next day they travelled to Seattle and did a local morning television show (no singing) and then did two shows at a club there. I went to the first show in Olympia and was invited backstage after the show. It was a wonderful time and the group sounded GREAT!
dunhill

Postby Joeresearch » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:12 am

I've uncovered a few concerts not previously listed. They are:

2 July 1966 Omaha NE Civic Auditorium - the review mentioned that 4,700 fans attended the show.
2 Oct 1966 Fresno CA Memorial Auditorium
7 Oct 1966 San Francisco CA Civic Auditorium
8 Oct 1966 Denver CO unknown venue

22 July 1967 Madison WI Dane County Coliseum - the review states that about 5,800 people attended.
28 July 1967 Portland, OR Memorial Coliseum - there is a review of this concert.
29 July 1967 Seattle WA Seattle Center Arena - there is also a review of this concert.
Joeresearch

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Well, this is a little confusing...

http://goo.gl/APwiE

It's a Canadian newspaper from Friday, June 16, 1967 (the same day as Day 1 of the Monterey Pop Festival) advertising the M&P's playing that Sunday, the 18th (the same day they performed at Monterey) at the The Paul Sauvé Arena in Montreal, Quebec. Clearly they did not perform in Quebec that night. Wonder what the deal was with this?
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:12 pm

And it gets even more confusing:

Here http://goo.gl/wsMdl is an ad for the group to play at the same place, The Paul Sauve Arena, at 8:30 on July 1st, 1967 (presumably to make up for the show that they obviously did not play there on June 18).

But...

Here http://goo.gl/96DcE is another ad for the group playing at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto the same day, at the exact same time...

Uggh.
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Oh, and thanks a ton for those additional dates, Joeresearch! Do you have links to the sources for any of those?
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Rbcsoup » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:51 am

I think the July 1967 Toronto date is right. I talked with Pat LaCroix about it and he photographed them in Toronto when they played there (and I think they only played there once). He can't remember the date and his photos and notes were all lost in a fire several years later. Not sure about the Montreal date but I do know they played Toronto. I have another angle from which to research this. Great thread. RBC
Rbcsoup

Postby pauliewood » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 pm

I always wondered about the concert in 1967 at the Boston War Memorial Auditorium. Anyone have info? Did Michelle or Jill play that one? I was young, and my parents wouldn't take me to go. At 8pm, I wore all black and went into the living room where they were watching TV and sang "Look Through My Window". They laughed, but I was seriously hurt by the chance of not seeing my favorite group of all time.
pauliewood

Postby pauliewood » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Nobody, seriously? I mean if this were the Beatles or Rolling Stones, would have been tons of of responses to my question pretty immediately. I guess the Mamas and Papas were just a two year glitch and not taken very seriously. Obviously they aren't taken seriously here. I would have better asked a question regarding the Partridge Family or Cowsills.
pauliewood

Postby Rbcsoup » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:11 am

Pauliewood,

Please don't denigrate The Mamas and The Papas in ad hominem attacks, due to the fact that you haven't received responses or fast-enough-responses to your post.

As best you can remember, when was the Boston War Memorial Concert in 1967? Jill was really only with the group for about six-eight weeks so unless it was June-August 1966 (and I'm only familiar with their Boston appearance in October 1966) then she was not with them for this concert.

Richard
Rbcsoup

PreviousNext

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)