I just picked up John's last CD today....

Share stories and discussions about John Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

I just picked up John's last CD today....

Postby CassFanForLife » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 am

Well, I went to my favourite used record/CD store to see what they had this time round in M & P and solo stuff and I came home with John's CD - " Pay Pack & Follow ".... Haven't listened to it yet ... I hope there's some good stuff. I really enjoy listening to his song " Mississippi " that is on the CD 2 of the Creeque Alley Anthology CD set.

The owner also told me, that he can order for me, John's " Wolfking of LA " CD for me too, whenever I wanted to...and I think I will in the near future....
CassFanForLife

Re: I just picked up John's last CD today....

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:11 pm

You've gotten into some good stuff there. Every JP solo album is worth having, imo. PP&F is great stuff, you should check out Pussycat as well. A lot of the same tracks but in the original mixes, plus great bonus material. I can never decide which mixes I like more. Also, try and track down the "I Wished" version from those sessions, it's excellent.
Dark Horse 77

Postby glennc » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:10 am

Wolfking of LA is a timeless classic and Pussycat is superb in my humble opinion. Glenn.
glennc

Postby John Sands » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:07 am

Glennc,

A one word response to your last entry, "DITTO"
John Sands

Postby CassFanForLife » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:19 am

Whoops....let me correct myself here...I said it was John's last CD, I'm sorry, it was not John's last CD I bought, I recall now, his last CD was the 66 one.... forgive me .....
CassFanForLife

Postby Nicole » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:59 am

Hi cassfan,
That's okay. I'd get John's last cd entitled Phillips 66. Perhaps you can have your record store order it for you. It's great.Great versions of Me and My Uncle (with Bill Cleary on backing vocals) and Boys from the South. Plus, some other interesting songs.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to John Phillips