Cass Elliot singing Gospel Music?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Cass Elliot singing Gospel Music?

Postby terry anderson » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:58 pm

As I was browsing Cass' timeline on this site, it noted that while still a member of the Trimvirate in 1962, she also sang in a womens folk Gospel trio called the "Ofays Of Faith". Please tell me if there are any recordings of this. The way Her voice impacted the song, Glory Glory gospel song with the Big Three Always made me want to hear more of Her in this area. No matter which genre she chose to sing in, the impact was there! Any help would be most appreciated.
terry anderson

Re: Cass Elliot singing Gospel Music?

Postby Rbcsoup » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:23 am

As with The Triumvirate, there are no known recordings of The Ofays of Faith. The latter was a very briefly cobbled together group involving Ginny Clemons and Gusti Hervey in Chicago--along the lines of assembling on Hootenanny Nights and singing (the folk version of a jam session)...
Rbcsoup

Re: Cass Elliot singing Gospel Music?

Postby CassFanForLife » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:35 pm

Whoa...Cass doing Gospel...Now, that ,I can truly dig...I really love her on Big 3's cd doing that gospel number near the end of the track listings...she lets it fly good there...Amen ! Can you tell I'm a Gospel fan....?! Her and Denny doing Gospels, would of been good...
CassFanForLife

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion