[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Michelle singing solo on "Mike Douglas Show"!

Michelle singing solo on "Mike Douglas Show"!

Share stories and discussions about Michelle Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Michelle singing solo on "Mike Douglas Show"!

Postby Nicole » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 am

Hi John,
I heartily agree with you.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Midnight Voyager » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Midnight Voyager

Postby John Sands » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 am

I wonder if there is anyway to get the whole show?
John Sands

Postby glennc » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:04 am

On Dedicated to the One I Love, there are two places where the phrase "And it's something that everybody needs" is sung. The former is Michele, I believe, and it rings out loud and clear. The latter is Cass. Some people think they both are Cass. What do you all think?
glennc

Postby Papa J » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Yes, the first time that phrase is sung, it's definitely Michelle, while the latter is Cass. You made a good point - Michelle blended in very well with Cass and sometimes, whether consciously or unconsciously, emulated her inflections or phrasing so that sometimes people thought Cass was singing when she wasn't. One example (although she was speaking, not singing), at the end of "John's Music Box" you hear a voice call out something before a door seemingly slams. I was certain that was Cass speaking until I read the liner notes for "The Complete Anthology" of the Mamas and Papas and learned that it was actually Michelle calling out for her dog "Puela." I also was watching "No Love Today" one time on my "California Rock" DVD, and my sister had her back to the TV and asked me if that was Cass during the lyrics "One day more, just like before, can make it hard to see, a world more beautiful for meeeee," and was shocked when she turned around and saw it was Michelle.
Papa J

Postby John Sands » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:12 am

'and it's something that everybody needs' is Cass, especially the first one, making the line before that is sung by Michelle with the help of Cass, seem such a contrast.
John Sands

Postby CassFanForLife » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:47 am

In all honesty....I've never seen the Mike Douglas show you're referring to, and never really took notice of when Cass was singing or when it was Michelle, on " Dedicated...." I enjoy both singing on Denny's " Waiting ..." CD
CassFanForLife

Postby John Sands » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:58 am

me to, CassFanForLife
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:48 am

Hi John,
Me too!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby jcg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:21 am

Ugh! Ebay has removed the video! Like everything else, the minute something revolutionary comes around (youtube), the lawyers have to pee on the hydrant and ruin everything. How long before those excellent Cass clips disappear? Sometimes, the winds of change stink.

jcg
jcg

Previous

Return to Michelle Phillips