I decided to nominate Denny for Canada's Walk of Fame ...

Share stories and discussions about Denny Doherty.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

I decided to nominate Denny for Canada's Walk of Fame ...

Postby CassFanForLife » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:44 pm

After hearing of this year's nominees for Canada's Walk of Fame, it got me thinking of Denny, so I emailed the site and put in my nomination for Denny, because I think he is worthy of the recognition, because of his contribution to music and being a Canadian and also for his contribution to his work in theatre, etc in Canada over the years post Mamas and Papas, and his tv stint as the conductor on the Canadian children's show : Theadore TugBoat. Perhaps he is already recognized abnd I don't know , but I was checking the site and didn't see his name listed. But as C ass once sang " I Can Dream Can't I ? "
CassFanForLife

Re: I decided to nominate Denny for Canada's Walk of Fame ...

Postby Nicole » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:31 am

Hi Cassfan,
That's great, please let us know what happens. Incidently, Denny was inducted into the Juno Hall of Fame in 1996 by Michelle Phillips. Yet, I think it would be great if he were in Canada's Walk of Fame since he contributed so much to the arts in Canada.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Re: I decided to nominate Denny for Canada's Walk of Fame ...

Postby terry anderson » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi CassFan- If anyone deserves to be on the Canada"s Walk Of Fame, it most assuredly should be Denny Doherty! If you could double-check and see what the circumstances are and let us know, that would be great. If He has not received this honor, and your nomination of him is valid, how about posting the link here so some of us could let that committee know how we feel about it too. Even if our vote wouldn't count, it would let Canada know that we still love Denny, and, yes, his contribution to Music, stage, and television deserves this honor! Thanks!
terry anderson

Return to Denny Doherty