Mama Michelle "Exceptional Woman"

Share stories and discussions about Michelle Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Mama Michelle "Exceptional Woman"

Postby John Sands » Sat May 17, 2008 8:37 am

I managed to attend the "Exceptional Women" event in Boston yeaterday where Michelle was honored.

I saw Michelle coming in to the reception area and she did so without fanfare. I hugged her and we spoke for a bit. When she came out of the dining room for a glass of wine I bought it for her and we chatted a bit (Can u imagine?)

As an added perk to the day, our wonderfull fellow board member Nicole was there! Such a nice surprise. We got to share the evening together and what an evening it was. We were too excited to eat the food that was served!!

I introduced Nicole to Michelle, imagine me introducing Michelle to a fellow fan, and Michelle was so gracious with me and Nicole.

During Michelle's speech, she said that her one regret was that her mother didn't survive to share her life with her and she thanked "John, Denny and Cass" for giving her the confidence to sing. These words were said with tears in her eyes. A Latin accapella group did an accapella version of "California Dreamin'" while Michelle sat on a stool on stage. They did an excellent version and when done Michelle hugged and kissed all of them.

At the end, Michelle posed for pictures with me and Nicole and countless other people on stage, cameras flashing!!!I I was so happy that Nicole was there.

Michelle was fantastic, Nicole was fantastic, in fact the whole event was fantastic.
John Sands

Re: Mama Michelle "Exceptional Woman"

Postby Nicole » Sat May 17, 2008 10:04 am

Hi John,
Thanks for the kind words. Yes this was a fantastic event. I'm still not over it!
Take care, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Sat May 17, 2008 11:19 am

Nicole,

I'm far from over it myself. Michelle certainly was a class act, wasn't she?

Honestly, I was honored to share the experience with you.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon May 19, 2008 7:43 am

Hi John,
Yeah, Michelle was definitley a class act. It was an honor to share the experience with you as well.
Take care, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby terry anderson » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:45 pm

WOW! What an experience for you two to have. I'm sure that it has never left you! I thought that I would respond to this in the proper category so everyone could re-live this marvelous adventure once again! WOW!
terry anderson

Postby John Sands » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:31 pm

thanks for that Terry. Over 2 years ago is what is amazing about it now.
John Sands

Postby CassFanForLife » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:03 am

Thankyou John and Nicole for sharing this . I'd of been in complete " awe " if I'd been there . It really is something memorable . I'm so pleased to hear that Michelle enjoyed spending the time with both of you . That is such a refreshing thing to hear . Not many famous folk even bother to take the time to acknowledge their fans, and I believe in the adage of " treat others as you'd like to be treated " I've been at concerts, etc where some folks get out of hand, and in the turn, the band or singer is ticked off then too, a dominoe effect you could say, and etc.
I hope you get the chance to see her again and spend time. Thankyou again, for sharing this experience .
CassFanForLife

Postby John Sands » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:02 am

indeed. Michelle was definately star power at the event.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:31 am

Hi John and Cassfan,
You're welcome, and thank you for your posts. It was one of the few times in my life where I was nearly speechless. A thrill of a lifetime.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:08 am

Though speechless you held up pretty well Nicole and Michelle liked you immediately.
John Sands

Next

Return to Michelle Phillips