Dan Ackroyd - tacky.

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Dan Ackroyd - tacky.

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:58 pm

DA has been talking about the supposed ghost that he thinks is CE (he lived in one of her places after she passed away) again.

I think that it is very tacky and thought hard about even bringing it up on this site.

I do think that CE's spirit would have better things to do than 'haunt' a house.
TRAVISJAMES03

Re: Dan Ackroyd - tacky.

Postby jcg » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=377

Agreed.
I don't think he means any harm, I just feel that he thinks it's cool and has no clue about the distasteful aspects of what he's saying.
JC
jcg

Postby Midnight Voyager » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Why would that be considered tacky or distasteful, unless it was some sort of disparaging remark about her, or he was making a joke at her expense. I'm curious to know what place he was speaking about, and where and why he was speaking about it. Given her strong presence when she was on this earth, it would stand to reason that her un-earthly presence still lingers.
Midnight Voyager

Postby jcg » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:45 am

Hi MV

I can only speak for myself.
By distasteful I meant this: I can't imagine losing my mother at age seven, that must have been soul-searing for Owen and must have taken years to get over (if it's at all possible for a child to 'get over' a mother's passing). Skip ahead 35 years and suddenly Cass is supposed to be crawling into bed with movie stars? Perhaps I should have used the term 'insensitive." It would have devastated me if I had to reconcile to myself the possibility that my mother was still lingering around manifesting to others instead of to me, her child.
Plus, Dan says he feels it's her because it felt like a BIG ghost. So, when you die you keep your bodyfat ratio? I thought that a little insensitive.
I do acknowledge that this is only my opinion and that Owen has shared here that she believes Dan:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=377 .

take care
jcg
jcg

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Well, one thing that I am getting tired of is that DA is always mentioning that the ghost is 'big.'

We get it - CE was a big girl - but ANYTIME anyone mentions her, they seem to always have to get in a 'weight' comment.

Enough.
TRAVISJAMES03

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion