Mamas & Papas 1980s - info required

Share stories and discussions about John Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Mamas & Papas 1980s - info required

Postby KeithERice » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:07 am

I'm going to be posting a blog on JP/Ms&Ps on www.integratedsociopsychology.net tomorrow, provisionally entitled 'The Mamas & The Papas: sex, drugs and rock & roll or incest, addiction and unreleased albums?'.

The purpose of the blog is 2-fold...

1. To draw attention to 'MANY MAMAS & PAPAS' - it's GOOD!!!, isn't it! - my site averages around 400 visitors per day - so hopefully some of them will wander on to the Blog and learn about 'MANY Ms&PS.

2. To present a sociopsychological analysis of the Ms&Ps turbulent story - esp JP.

The questions I need help with are:-

a) With music as good as on 'MANY' and furnishing the Beach Boys with a number 1 hit, how come the Ms&Ps couldn't - didn't? - get a record deal?

b) Why was 'MANY' credited as as JP album when it really is the Ms&Ps and all but 2 songs were recorded as the Ms&Ps? I've looked to find an e-mail to contact Varese on this question but there doesn't seem to be one.

So, if anyone on this board can help me with these questions, that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Keith
KeithERice

Re: Mamas & Papas 1980s - info required

Postby Dark Horse 77 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 am

Some good questions there. I'd like to know too, as well as what years each track were recorded. Some of them are specified while others aren't, not to mention the download only tracks.
Dark Horse 77

Return to John Phillips