[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - New art work for the CE/Lady CD twofer?

New art work for the CE/Lady CD twofer?

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

New art work for the CE/Lady CD twofer?

Postby jcg » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:59 am

Has the Cass Elliot/Road Is No Place For A Lady CD twofer released last year been re-released with different artwork? See link below.

http://www.amazon.com/Cass-Elliot-Road- ... 608&sr=1-1

jcg
jcg

Re: New art work for the CE/Lady CD twofer?

Postby CassFanForLife » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi jcg...
I have no idea but I certainly do like the artwork-setup in the link you provided...it's a similar idea for the 3-fer-1 deal >> CE/TR/DCMMA
CassFanForLife

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:19 pm

What is odd is that they continue to list "Don't Make Me a Memory" as a selection when it isn't (did Cass even sing a song called that?).
TRAVISJAMES03

Postby Rbcsoup » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:12 am

I spoke to Gordon Anderson at Collector's Choice about this product and he indicates that listing is coming from a Foreign Label. As far as "Don't Make Me A Memory"---yes, Cass sang this Al Kasha song in her 1973 shows. The only other artist known to have done the song is Trini Lopez' brother, Jesse Lopez. The track, while contemplated for last year's release is not a part of that package. It was simply earlier reported that it would be a track and they've picked up on that old track listing. A la Crashon, Screamon, All Fall Down.
Rbcsoup

Postby Midnight Voyager » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:46 pm

Midnight Voyager

Postby John Sands » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:51 am

does the track actually exist?
John Sands

Postby jcg » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi John

Yes it does:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=584

I hope this helps,
jcg
jcg

Ouch!

Postby jcg » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:35 am

I had a feeling this would come up again:
http://www.amazon.com/Cass-Elliot-Road- ... AOHOP2TLLD

Someone on Amazon has given last year's awesome twofer CD a one-star rating (the lowest) because they thought that the new artwork depicted on Amazon's site was a reissue of the original album with a new cover. It sucks because the reviews are supposed to be for the quality of the album. Anyway, I wish Amazon would resolve the issue.

jcg
jcg

Postby CassFanForLife » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi there jcg...

In regards to your post, I too, after I clicked onto the link you provided, find it kind of strange that this person would rant and rave on and on about the cover pic on CD ...rather than, on the music, as would be the logical thing to do ?! I do like the music on a CD and sometimes the cover pic too, but that is not the main reason to buy a CD...
I guess this person buys according to the cover pics, then for the music it contains... maybe Amazon will deal with the issue or not, I have no idea. I 'm curious though, as to why this guy ended up with 3 copies of the same CD with the same artwork and not what was advertised on the site, the one with new artwork ...maybe they ran out of that particular one and had some older ones left over, or it is an import . I wonder if it is the same CD shown on the Canadian Amazon site or elsewhere....
CassFanForLife

Postby jcg » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi CassFan

In defense of our Australian friend (the review was from Australia), I too thought it was a reissue with a new cover and would have bought another copy (in addition to the two I purchased when the twofer first came out) if indeed it had the new cover (see earlier in this thread). I'm not sure why domestic Amazon changed the original artwork to reflect a foreign version, but I have to admit I like the cover of the new one as much, if not more, than the original!
Besides, one of our community members is from Australia and whoever wrote the bad review loved Cass enough to buy multiple copies of the twofer. I'm sure no harm was meant.
I still wish Amazon would fix this.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Next

Return to Products and Memorabilia