[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - If you like Cass you'll also like...

If you like Cass you'll also like...

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

If you like Cass you'll also like...

Postby beccabear » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:48 pm

What other singers and artists might Cass/Ms & Ps fans reccomend?

I guess the obvious ones would be Laura Nyro, Fifth Dimension etc., but here are a few lesser known acts I'd like to reccomend...

Julie Driscoll
The Groop
The Free Design
The Peanut Butter Conspiracy
The Sunshine Company
Sharon Tandy
John Hartford

Who can you reccomend?
beccabear

Re: If you like Cass you'll also like...

Postby ditzi » Sun May 18, 2008 1:20 am

After I got interested in Cass and the M&Ps, I started listening to the Lovin' Spoonful, The Beach Boys, Buffalo Springfield, Crosby Stills and Nash, CCR, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix and The Doors!! :D
"Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you..."
ditzi

Postby Alby » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:45 am

Hi,
after I started to like the M&Ps I got into The Association and Spanky & Our Gang who have some points in common with them vocally and instrumentally, the feelings you get through their songs are very pure in both bands too. Besides The Association had two albums produced by Bones Howe which is for me a guarantee of brilliant engineering as you know through the M&Ps case.
Incidentally I also started to like other 60s pop/Folk-rock (also Dunhill) bands like the Grass Roots, P.F.Sloan. Also The Beach Boys, Jefferson Airplane or The Doors amogst other mainly California artists with the exception of Dusty Springfiled and the Walker Brothers who were from the UK.

Albert.
Alby

Postby dragster » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:57 am

dragster

Postby dragster » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:04 am

How about SANDY DENNY?!! :)
dragster

Postby John Sands » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:22 am

Sandy is one of my all time favorites and I think I remember reading in the Cass bio that Cass knew her. Makes sense to me, 2 superior female vocalists. Imagine the work they could have done together. Wow
John Sands

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion