[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Your top 10 Fave Cass pix....

Your top 10 Fave Cass pix....

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Your top 10 Fave Cass pix....

Postby CassFanForLife » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:49 am

I know, this will be a toughie, but worthwhile challenge to think about....
Your top 10 Fave all time Cass pix that you've seen...

My choices:

1- Cass posing with the purple flower at her cheek
2- Cass black and white photo of her in a chair holding a cigarette looking either left or right and she is wearing a white dress
3- the last photo of her on the Photos section here on site from the Seventies area , London 1974
4- Cass ' black and white solo glamour shot

These are my choices for the time being, but that could change...lol

Interesting to see what folks come up with for this topic.
CassFanForLife

Re: Your top 10 Fave Cass pix....

Postby terry anderson » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi CassFan- This is difficult request because there are so may good pics to choose from-she could look stunning in most any thing she wore. My favorites vary from week to week. This week (on the funny side) the pic of her and Harry Belefonte doing a spoof of Bonanza (on site here) just cracks me up every time I look at it! And I've looked at it a lot. Her multi-faceted acting abilities shine through on this one. What a get-up!
terry anderson

Postby Nicole » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 am

Hi Cassfan,
My favorite was always the pics taken by Henry Diltz where Cass is in the Egyptian headress. I think some of the photd were used for Hippo Select's Cass Elliot Colection, released in 2005.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:24 am

Mine were the early Webster pics, the b/white one especially with Cass regal in her hippie poncho and the first album cover with that dazzling smile.
John Sands

Postby jcg » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:50 pm

I have to admit that I don't have a favorite. For me, each picture reveals a fragment of her personality and, since she's not around to interact with, a nice cross-section of photographs comes closest to actually meeting her and reveals more about her awesome personality than one aesthetically-pleasing frozen moment.

Having said that, at the moment I love that photo someone recently posted of Cass singing "Cherries Jubilee" on the Carol Burnett Show in 1971. What a dame! I wish there was a comprehensive chronology of Cass' TV appearences promoting the RCA Cass Elliot album.

jcg

PS- Went back and checked; here's the pic (thanks Dunhill):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55#p673
jcg

Postby oldschooljamz87 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:50 pm

I don't think I can pick a favorite either. I'm still finding photos that I've never seen before, lol.

This one because she looks chic

How awesome is it to have a huge hammock in the middle of your living room?

I know that Cass and John had a tendency to not get along but it's very cute

I recently came across these on Flickr and I love all off them! Her hair, make-up and dress, the poses with Dave Mason (I think?) fab!

Great topic :)
oldschooljamz87

Postby CassFanForLife » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Wow, I'm enjoying reading all the feedback from this topic idea > I just thought it was interesting topic to post on. And I do agree, that with the photos that do exist, we can, in a sense get a grasp of what Cass was about as a person, even though, it would have been great to have had a chance to meet her ....
Ditto , in that the Dave Mason and Cass photos look awesome , etc.

Keep the replies coming, thanks for posting the pix in this topic-- all look swell !!!!!
CassFanForLife

Postby jcg » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Yes, the very handsome bloke on the right is Dave Mason and can I say WOW! What an awesome-looking two-some. It strikes me, looking at that picture, that the pairing of Cass with Dave was as visual a feast as the Mamas and the Papas were, with their disparate sizes and shapes! It is lamentable that there isn't more audio/visual live footage.

jcg
jcg

Postby Midnight Voyager » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 pm

That picture is amazing! I love it! Does anyone know who the other guy is? It's really tragic that there are no recordings of the few shows that Dave and Cass did together. Is there even a reference to the set list of what they performed?
Midnight Voyager

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion