[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - GET HAPPY T.V. Special

GET HAPPY T.V. Special

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

GET HAPPY T.V. Special

Postby terry anderson » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:28 pm

I have just recently heard of this television special that aired in 1973, and one of the featured artists was none other than Cass Elliot! I have searched around the net without any luck in finding out more about this special, like what songs did she perform, did she act as well, and are there any copies of this that can be purchased anywhere?? I know that this web site is a treasure trove of information on anything Cass Elliot, and I hope that someone here can fill me in about this. Thanks for any help you may give!
terry anderson

Re: GET HAPPY T.V. Special

Postby Rbcsoup » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:32 am

The show is phenomenal. It can be viewed at the Museum of Television and Radio in NYC or L.A. That is where I viewed it a number of years ago. Harold Arlen's songs are wonderful as are the other stars who sing in it with Cass--Diahann Carroll, Jack Lemmon etc.

Cass does "Over the Rainbow" in addition to others.

Hope it will be released one day!

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby terry anderson » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Hi Richard- Thank you for responding to my question. And judging by your response, phenomenal it must be! I haven't heard Cass sing "Over The Rainbow" and I still wonder how many other songs she sang on this special that many of us may have never heard before? If it is not too much ask, maybe a dedicated member that lives in NYC. or L.A might go to either studio and post what you found so as to make me green with envy. and grateful!
terry anderson

Postby adamcarr » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi Guys,
WOW Cass singing "Over the Rainbow", not that would be pretty special. Especially since the way our lady used to connect to a song and interperet them so well ie: (If you listen to Helen Reddy's version of 'One Way Ticket' she just breezes thru it whereis Cass' version you can get the heartfelt desperation to be 'anywhere but here') Im sure all the forum friends will add a potential DVD release or UTube clips to their dream wish list.
Cheers,
Adam
adamcarr

Postby adamcarr » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey Guys,

Went searching as this was all I could find regarding "Get Happy":-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388966/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388966/

they're different websites displaying same info

Cheers,
Adam
adamcarr

Postby terry anderson » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi Adam- I went to the links you provided (thanks) and subscribed as it did show the info on the special. However, after spending a considerable amount time trying to play it with no success, I have left a message on their FAQ section and am waiting for a reply from them. When I hear from them, and can actually watch the special, I'll let you know. Hopefully, my own ineptness is to blame and it is actually available to watch.
terry anderson

Postby adamcarr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:52 pm

Hi Terry,
No offense mate but I also hope it was your ineptness that prevents access to these specials, Ive also sorced out a group that have rare tv stuff they transfer onto disc, am still waiting to hear back from them. We'll keep each other informed.

Meanwhile, HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!! jan 26th.

Cheers,
Adam
adamcarr

Postby terry anderson » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Adam- I did get some info from Imdb.com about this T.V. special which led me to the N.B.C archive division in L.A. and I know that is a long shot, but worth trying anyway. I'm waiting to hear from them, but not holding my breath either. In the meantime, during my search, I inadvertently ran across a classic Get It Together episode from the sixties with Cass singing "Welcome To The World Of Love" and "New World Coming" and ordered that!:)
JCG is so right about having some sort of comprehensive catalog available of Cass' vast contributions to music and television. I guess it's like my 5 yr. old granddaughter says, "Papa, you git what you git, so don't throw a fit!"
And oh yeah, Happy Australia Day down under!
terry anderson

Postby Nicole » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 am

Hi Adam,
A belated Happy Austrailia Day!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby charee13608 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:34 am

charee13608

Next