Waiting for a song Lp

Share stories and discussions about Denny Doherty.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Waiting for a song Lp

Postby oldschooljamz87 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:45 am

I was just wondering if anybody knew of a reliable place I could get a vinyl copy, I've only seen it on ebay only once and I really want it for my collection.
oldschooljamz87

Re: Waiting for a song Lp

Postby davidasix » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:02 pm

I've got a copy. In fact I have quite a few LPs I am planning to sell. I was probably just going to post them on ebay. Here is a list of the LP's in my "to sell" pile:

Brewster McCloud (John Phillips)
Bubble Gum Lemonade & ... Something for Mama (Cass Elliot)
Dream a Little Dream (Cass Elliot)
Victim of Romance (Michelle Phillips)
An Historic Recording (The Mugwumps)
Coming Attraction - Live (The Journeymen)
New Directions in Folk Music (The Journeymen)
The Journeymen (Self-titled)
The Halifax Three (Self-titled, 2 copies)
The Mamas & The Papas Golden Era Vol. 2
Gather Me (Melanie)
Waiting for a Song (Denny Doherty)

As these came out on CD, I just never listened to the LPs.

Drop me a PM if you want more info/pix. Otherwise they might just appear on ebay.

Dave
davidasix

Postby Richard » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:07 am

I'm very interested in knowing more about this LP ever since I read that both Cass and Michelle sing backing vocals on it. Are both ladies very noticable audibly on the LP and are they on all the tracks. Is this a good LP? Is it worth hunting for? :) Thanks, Rich.
Richard

Postby Nicole » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:10 am

Hi Richard,
Welcome to the board. Waiting For a Song is definitley worth getting, in my humble opinion. You can really hear Michelle Phillips and Cass Elliot in the backing vocals. The songs are great. I especially like "Simone and "That Old Familaiar Feeling." A great album.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Richard » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:01 pm

I've just ordered this cd off the internet. Can't wait to hear it. I'll let you all know what I think when I've heard it! :) Rich.
Richard

Postby CassFanForLife » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:44 pm

All I can add to this topic is >>> Go Get It...Look high and low,......order it from a local specialty used record/CD shop near you...You Must Get This ...Cass and Michelle and Denny, awesomely -brillant harmoniously on this...Worth every penny once you get yer hands on a copy....
What is it about Denny and bathtubs ? LOL ?!
CassFanForLife

Postby Richard » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:41 am

My copy of this terrific cd turned up a couple of days ago. Needless to say it has hardly been off the cd player since then! This is the nearest to TM&TP we would ever see again. Only John is missing from the vocals, but the other three harmonise beautifully on this cd. The standout tracks for me are Simone, Children of My mind, You'll never know, Together, I'm home again and my favourite Give me back that old familiar feeling. These are the tracks where Cass and Michelle's vocals are the most prominent. You can also hear them on Denny's soulful version of You've lost that lovin feeling, and Lay me down, but the girl's vocals are blended more into the background here. I can't hear the girls voices on the other 3 tracks. Does anyone know if Cass and Michelle are on all 11 tracks? I can only hear them clearly on 8 tracks. Does anyone know if other girl singers are present for background vocal duties. Or are Cass and Michelle responsible for all of them? It is clearly Cass and Michelle on the first 6 titles I listed, but I'm not sure about Lay me down.
The old magic is still there. Denny's voice is as rich and golden as always, and to hear the blending of those terrific three voices on the choruses is sheer bliss! :D Well worth my money! Rich.
Richard

Return to Denny Doherty