The Mugwumps

Forum section for discussing the happenings during 1962-1964.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

The Mugwumps

Postby Richard » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:13 am

I received another great cd in the post today. The Mugwumps. Not quite a whole album. 9 tracks lasting a total of 22 minutes. But what great tracks. Cass's voice sounds wonderfully assured and harmonises perfectly with Denny, Jim and Zal. One step closer to TM&TP! My faves are the 2 tracks Cass co-wrote with her then husband Jim. Here it is another day and Everybody's been talkin sound like true 60s classics and should have been hits at the time. Not sure why, but special thanks is given to Michelle Phillips on the liner notes. Maybe someone will enlighten me. I'd recommend this cd to anyone. :) Rich.
Richard

Re: The Mugwumps

Postby Rbcsoup » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Dear Rich-

I'm glad you've discovered and enjoyed The Mugwumps. I wrote the liner notes for that CD and Michelle Phillips was included in the Special Thanks because I quoted her. I've always made it my practice to especially acknowledge anyone who gives the time to be interviewed when I'm writing notes.

Richard Campbell
Rbcsoup

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:35 am

Thanks Richard,
just read your liner notes. Very informative, and as Michelle herself was quoted as saying "The Mugwumps were a cult after the event". I discovered TM&TP as a 16 year old in 1980, and I first heard about The Mugwumps that same year due to the Creeque Alley reference. I had no idea they were such a good band though. I'm very glad I bought this cd. A shame there are only 9 tracks by them. They were definitely ahead of their time. If they hadn't disbanded though, we would probably not have had TM&TP!
All the best, Rich. (The UK's biggest M&P fan!)
Richard

Postby CassFanForLife » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Now, after reading both the review here by " Richard-UK" ( as to not confuse with other Richard on here, whom I'll refer to as "RCman" )....I'm on a new mission...go to my fave CD/record store, my "Cass and M & P GodSend", and see if they can order the Mugwumps cd for me... I do have 2 of their songs on the Creeque Alley compilation cds, and I loved what I heard !!!!!!
CassFanForLife

Postby Nicole » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:04 am

Hi Cassfan,
I would defintely get this cd. It's awsome.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to The Triumvirate, The Big 3, The Mugwumps (1962-1964)