Cass' Mom, Bess.....

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Cass' Mom, Bess.....

Postby CassFanForLife » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:02 am

The pix I've seen of Cass' Mom, Bess on here and the internet, and of course that youtube clip of Cass on Johnny Carson when they should the clip of her and her mom, on " Cass Elliot Day " in Baltimore , when Cass was accepting her diploma, etc. Her Mom strikes me as a very comedic gal, and it shows....Cass definitely inherited her Mom's humour.... In the pix, it shows how both ladies are enjoying themselves !! Is Bess still alive or has she since passed on ? Just was wondering.... I always laugh whenever i see the pix !!
CassFanForLife

Re: Cass' Mom, Bess.....

Postby Owen Elliot-Kugell » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:41 am

My grandmother passed away in 1994. She was the greatest.
Owen Elliot-Kugell

Postby CassFanForLife » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:44 am

Hi Owen....Thankyou for your reply and I grew up with one Grandma as my other Grandparents all passed away when i was 4 & 5 and like you said, my dear Grandma I had the pleasure of growing up with , was the greatest too... Glad you thought the world of your Grandma :)
CassFanForLife

Postby John Sands » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:47 am

if my memory serves me right, Bess was on the other Cass special, which hopefully will be released some day and this delightful woman was on, don't quote me on this as I kind of remember, was on The Dating Game.

I wish that we had the Cass/Bess dating game show and the Michelle episode but they never show up when the show is run on Game Network. I remember reading a list of the 'surviving' episodes and the Cass/Bess/Michelle episodes were not on it.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:53 am

Hi John,
I remeber seeing a pic of Michelle on the Dating Game, and once years ago I saw a re-run of Cass's episode, I forget what channel. I remeber that Cass and the winner ended up winnig a trip to London, England. I vividly remeber Cass's response to winning the trip: "I Love London!" Great episode. They don't make skows like that anymore.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby CassFanForLife » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 am

Hi john and Nicole....I recall watching the Dating Game growing up in the 70s ( i was born in '69), althiough, I don't recall the Cass one, now that you've mentioned it, I would have loved to have seen that one now , oh well. I thankyou both for your remembrances of the episode, i get a sense from you both abou that episode....Cass certainly would of been ecstatic about going to London !!! I can just see her facial expression now....lol !!!! One happy woman :)
CassFanForLife

Postby Nicole » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 am

Hi Cassfan,
You're welcome.
Take care,
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:30 am

good for you Nicole. At least we now know that the Cass episode survived. It might have been the 'Game Network' that you saw it on.

Have a good day.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:20 am

Hi John,
Thank you. It probably was the Game Network. Have a great weekend.
Take care,
Nicole

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion