John's Guitar for Sale

Share stories and discussions about John Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

John's Guitar for Sale

Postby davidasix » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:18 am

check this out:

http://www.christies.com/LotFinder/lot_ ... ID=4417795

Lot Description

PAPA JOHN PHILLIPS' CUSTOM GIBSON ACOUSTIC GUITAR
A Gibson "Dove Custom" acoustic guitar, Serial No.70929012 in black finish with pearl dove and floral engraved design tortoiseshell pick guard and ¼" endpin jack and under-saddle transducer pickup, 20 fret fingerboard with mother-of-pearl inlays. As the main songwriter for The Mamas and The Papas, Phillips enjoyed huge success in the 1960s, but struggled personally and creatively in the years afterwards. Phillips received this guitar as a gift in 1979 and played it worldwide for more than 20 years. Also present is a custom hardshell case, and a letter of authenticity from Phillips' wife, Farnaz Phillips.

Dave
davidasix

Re: John's Guitar for Sale

Postby CassFanForLife » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:51 am

Hi Dave....

Wow..interesting !!! I'm wondering how much it will actually go for. It's too bad it has to be sold, being the packrat spirit , I am, I would of hung on to it for all eternity ! I wonder if any other of John's personal or musical items will be auctioned off by Christies as well, or thaqt was the only thing ?! Thankyou for sharing !
CassFanForLife

Re: John's Guitar for Sale

Postby Nicole » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:57 am

Hi Dave and Cassfan,
I agree with you, Cassfan. I'm a pack rat, too. :lol: Great link, Dave, thanks for posting.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to John Phillips