Just curious.... Did Cass ever consider duetting with Leah ?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Just curious.... Did Cass ever consider duetting with Leah ?

Postby CassFanForLife » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Cass' sister Leah, is a great songwriter and when Cass sang 2 of her songs > " Who's To Blame " & " The Road Is No Place For A Lady", she sang them with such emotion. Does anyone know if Cass had ever considered doing a duet album with Leah or thought about co-writing or producing some of Leah's work at the time ? I think that would of made for quite the project , having two strong and distinctive voices in pure harmony.... Also, I 'm not sure but did Leah ever sing any backup stuff on Cass' solo stuff ?
CassFanForLife

Re: Just curious.... Did Cass ever consider duetting with Leah ?

Postby Rbcsoup » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Leah did vocals on the Dave Mason album as well as the first RCA album and the session sheets from some of the 1973 album show that she did some on that as well. I think that Cass was headed in the direction that your query goes---based on her comments in the Esquire interview and the fact that she recorded several of Leah's compositions.
Rbcsoup

Re: Just curious.... Did Cass ever consider duetting with Leah ?

Postby CassFanForLife » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:19 pm

Thankyou , for your reply to this, quite interesting, and I would of enjoyed this collaboration of sisterly harmonies, had it taken place. I always enjoy your comments and ansers, most informative, educational ! :D
CassFanForLife

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion