[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - What's your favorite Mamas & Papas song?

What's your favorite Mamas & Papas song?

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: What's your favorite Mamas & Papas song?

Postby manicrabbit » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:30 pm

My father loved listening to their songs...but what got me started was California Dreaming. I really love this song..it's now playing in my head. haha
manicrabbit

Postby Nicole » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:37 am

Hi Rob,
You're welcome! Cool info about your birthday. Thanks for posting.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby GlennS » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:41 am

my favorite is No Salt on her Tail.

Very close competition:
Twelve Thirty, California Dreamin, monday monday, dedicated to the one i love, words of love

not to mention
dancing bear, my heart stood still, strange young girls, straight shooter, i saw her again
GlennS

Postby blinker12 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:56 am

Hello! I'm new here and couldn't resist posting my response to this. This is a great site!
I've been a big Mamas and Papas fan since high school about 15 years ago. I recently got into them again when I discovered some old Cass videos on Youtube, and am now reading the Cass bio by Eddi Fiegel.

Here are my favorite songs by M&P's:
No Salt on Her Tail
California Dreamin'
Words of Love
Straight Shooter
Twelve Thirty
Did You Ever Want to Cry
Strange Young Girls
Midnight Voyage

My favorite album overall is probably "The Mamas & The Papas."

My favorite Cass solo song is "California Earthquake." Absolutely love that one.
blinker12

Postby Sportguynj1 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:29 am

Welcome to the site Blinker - the Mamas and Papas 2nd album is my favorite one too! I have the original album which my mom gave me and just recently was able to get a brand new copy of the CD on Amazon.com. I love all the songs on that album - especially "My Heart Stood Still", "I Saw Her Again" and my two favorite Cass leads - "Words of Love" and "Dancing in the Streets".

Rob
Sportguynj1

Re: Wuts ur fav Mamas & Papas song?

Postby oldschooljamz87 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:21 pm

oldschooljamz87

Postby Midnight Voyager » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:33 pm

I can't possibly pick just one! However, limiting my choice to only songs written by John, here are my top ten:

!. Got A Feeling
2. Trip Stumble and Fall
3. Creeque Alley
4. Did You Ever Want to Cry
5. Mansions
6. No Dough
7. That Kind of Girl
8. Rooms
9. Midnight Voyage
10. Once Was a Time I Thought
Midnight Voyager

Postby Richard » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:01 am

Hi, this is my first post. I've loved TM&TP since I discovered them in 1980. My fave has always been California Dreamin. Those awesome harmonies and that wonderful melody had such an effect on me when I first heard it. Go where you wanna go, Monday Monday, and Dedicated are among my other faves, but I also love the tracks that weren't hits such as Dancing Bear, No salt on her tail, Mansions, Rooms. I love all tracks except one. John's music box! Deliver would have been so much better if it had ended with Did you ever want to cry? I have recently bought the Complete Anthology and have heard the single version of Words of Love for the first time which I love! I will never tire of listening to TM&TP. It always gives me a warm glow whenever I hear them. :) Rich.
Richard

Postby Tim » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:00 pm

No Salt on Her Tail
I Can't Wait
Glad to Be Unhappy
Mansions
Twelve Thirty
Heart Stood Still
Dancing Bear
For the Love of Ivy
Pearl

Favorite Album: The Second (The Mamas & The Papas)
Tim

Postby Frankie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:52 pm

I can't pick just one, so here is my top 15 in no particular order

Dream A Little Dream of Me
Twelve Thirty
Somebody Groovy
California Dreamin'
Spanish Harlem
Dedicated To The One I Love
I Call Your Name
Sing For Your Supper
Monday Monday
Creeque Alley
Dancing Bear
Got A Feeling
Look Through My Window
Glad To Be Unhappy
Go Where You Wanna Go
Frankie

PreviousNext

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)