Wilson Phillips tribute album

Non-Cass Elliot related discussion threads belong here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Wilson Phillips tribute album

Postby Papa J » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:29 pm

I don't know if this has been posted already, but in case it hasn't, according to Chynna, Wilson Phillips are currently working on a tribute album featuring only songs by the Mamas & Papas and the Beach Boys and will be released in early 2012.
Papa J

Re: Wilson Phillips tribute album

Postby Nicole » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 am

Hi papaj,
Thanks for the post. According to what I've read, the album is titled Dedicated and is coming in January 2012. Have a great day.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Papa J » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:25 pm

You're welcome, Nicole. It sounds like a great album!

Papa J
Papa J

Postby pauliewood » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:04 am

I've always enjoyed Wilson Phillips' "sweet" harmonies. Looking forward to this one!
pauliewood

Postby Sportguynj1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

I actually had the pleasure of seeing Wilson Phillips this past Saturday night, December 10th, here in Morristown, NJ at the Mayo Arts Center. The ladies were in great form - their vocal harmonies were excellent and they performed for nearly 2 hours to a sold-out house! They all looked beautiful and were extremely charming and funny together. In addition to their greatest hits ("Hold On", Release Me" and You're in Love"), some great cover tunes ("Daniel", "Reason To Believe" and "Dancing Queen"), as well as selections from their latest "Christmas in Harmony" CD, the ladies performed songs from their parents which will be included on their upcoming "Dedicated" CD - "California Dreamin'", "Fun, Fun, Fun" and "In My Room"! I'm sure the group will continue to tour in 2012 to support the release of their new CD as well as the upcoming reality series. I will definitely go to see them again the next time they come around!

Happy Holidays,

Rob
Sportguynj1

Postby Nicole » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:31 am

Hi Rob,
Thanks so much for posting your experience on the board. I'm really looking forward to the release of "Dedicated." From the tracks you listed, it 's going to sound great. Did you see Chynna Phillips on Dancing with The Stars? She was fabulous, in my humble opinion. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Take care,
Nicole

Postby Sportguynj1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi Nicole,

Yes, I did get to see Chynna on "Dancing With the Stars" - she was really great and it was too bad she ended up getting voted off. Still, it was great to finally see Wilson Phillips in concert - they were amazing! I was actually supposed to see them right after I got out of grad school in 1992 - I had the tickets - but they cancelled their "Shadows and Light" tour because of the disappointing sales of their 2nd album - they broke up shortly thereafter. It took 19 years but it was well worth the wait and the advance buzz is that "Dedicated" is going to be amazing! I'm curious to see which Mamas and Papas tracks they will cover besides "California Dreamin"? I'm guessing that since the title is "Dedicated" that they will sing "Dedicated to the One I Love" - seems like an obvious choice since Chynna's mom did the lead on that one back in 1967. They already covered "Monday, Monday" on their "California" album a few years back so I doubt they would re-record it again. Would love to see Carnie do one of Cass's lead vocals - "Words of Love" would be a good choice! I hope the album is a big success and that they will continue to tour next year - I would definitely see them again!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Rob
Sportguynj1

Postby Nicole » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:46 am

Hi Rob,
Thanks, I wish you and yours the same. Good question about the other songs they will cover. Carnie Wilson singing lead on "Words of Love" would be great. I only know "California Dreamin" because I saw it on their reality show "Wilson Phillips: Still Holding On" on the TV Guide Network. Also on that show, I saw Carnie and Wendy Wilson recording "Wouldn't It Be Nice" from Pet Sounds. I can't wait for this album. :D
Take care,
Nicole

Postby CassFanForLife » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:12 pm

Thankyou for this info....something to look forward to buying in 2012 from my favourite local record shop ....
Yes, I was hoping Chynna would of held on on DWTS to the end...but she gave the best she could and for that, she should be proud, I know her Mom was :)
CassFanForLife

Postby Nicole » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:05 am

Hi Cassfan,
You're welcome. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D
Take care,
Nicole

Next

Return to Off-topic Discussion