Does anyone els remember a PBS special with Michelle?

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Does anyone els remember a PBS special with Michelle?

Postby Michie's Harvey » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey Everyone,

When I was very young I would watch Michelle on PBS selling something (maybe a documentary). Not sure, I was in single digits at the time. Now I have everything on them in my library. I just feel like it can't possibly be the Documentary "Straight Shooter" because that is more Johns story. And it can't be the " California Dreamin" documentary because a lot of the interviews are quite new. Maybe it was one of these and the ones that i own have been updated. I don't know , but I really would appreciate any insight into this. I kind of "have to have" everything that there is about them. They mean so much to me. And on a side note, I want to thank member Nicole because if you had not posted that the new Pop Festival book had come out , I would have missed out. I was supposed to be emailed by Amazon when it was still on pre-order, and they never did. Therefore I would not have known. Thanks everyone!
Michie's Harvey

Re: Does anyone els remember a PBS special with Michelle?

Postby Nicole » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:10 am

Hi Michie's Harvey,
You're welcome. As far as I know, the only PBS specials with Michelle Phillips are the ones you mentioned ( Straight Shotter and California Dreamin') and a few pledge drives with actor Mike Farrel (MASH) and John Sebastian a couple of years ago. There was also a docunentary last year about the Folk scene in Greenwich Village in the 60's which has an interview with her. Hope this helps.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby John Sands » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:27 am

Hi Michie's Harvey and Nicole,

Michelle did a multiple city PBS tour to promote the 'California Dreamin'' dvd in 2005. She was in the studio in NYC and Baltimore, Md and maybe in other cities.

She did 2 sit down one to one interviews with Marynne Summers and Ernie Manoose, the later which is on youtube.
John Sands

Postby Nicole » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:09 am

Hi john,
Thanks for your post. I completley forgot about those two sit down interviews that Michelle Phillips did. Thank you for the reminder. Happy New Year :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to Products and Memorabilia