[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - New People Like Us reissue with bonus tracks!

New People Like Us reissue with bonus tracks!

Ask or tell others about where to find Cass Elliot products and memorabilia.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

New People Like Us reissue with bonus tracks!

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Mon May 14, 2012 10:26 am

Ars_Nova_Chris

Re: New People Like Us reissue with bonus tracks!

Postby charee13608 » Mon May 14, 2012 12:51 pm

Very intersting! Thanks Chris!! :)
charee13608

Postby Rbcsoup » Tue May 15, 2012 10:22 am

I have ;-)

And a propos this board will remind folks that Cass said at the time of the record's release that it was one of the group's albums that she genuinely liked to listen to...
Rbcsoup

Postby oldschooljamz87 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:33 pm

This is very exciting!
oldschooljamz87

Postby Midnight Voyager » Tue May 15, 2012 9:10 pm

It's been such a long time since the last time I visited this site.

It's nice to discover that there is some new "product."
Unlikely as it may be, I was excited at the prospect of unreleased material from the People Like Us album. However it appears that the bonus tracks are just John Phillips solo tracks that are available on other releases. Still, it's a nice collection. Redundant as it is, I may buy it anyway - being the obsessive collector that I am!
Midnight Voyager

Postby Midnight Voyager » Tue May 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Midnight Voyager

Postby Nicole » Wed May 16, 2012 7:12 am

Hi everyone,
This is awsome. "I can't wait" until June 25th.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby CassFanForLife » Wed May 16, 2012 1:14 pm

That's great news...I wonder if the Chapters bookstores in town here, will carry it instore ? or I can also try to see if my buddies down at that record store I frequent, could order it for me ?! I'm hoping either way, I can get my hands on a copy. I don't do online shopping .
CassFanForLife

Postby pauliewood » Sat May 19, 2012 3:23 pm

I will undoubtedly order, but was wondering Richard, are these added tracks any different than those we have already received from Varese Sarabande in its "John Phillips" series? Also, it is pretty inaccurate to say "People Like Us" has been long out of print. Guess depends how one views this. It is certainly available via the "Complete Anthology" box set, and also as an MP3 download from Amazon.
pauliewood

Postby pauliewood » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:40 pm

I attempted to send an inquiry to Richard via private mail, and was unsuccessful. I have received no response from anyone involved as to whether this material is actually NEW material, or that having been released through Varese. Are the full "Mamas and Papas" actually involved in the extra tracks provided with this release? I guess not enough people visit this site anymore. I have received no feedback.
pauliewood

Next

Return to Products and Memorabilia