The 'Waiting For a Song' Sessions

Share stories and discussions about Denny Doherty.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

The 'Waiting For a Song' Sessions

Postby Eran » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:37 am

Hi everyone.

This continues to a topic of fascination and great interest for me.

11 years after its reissue, and 'Waiting for a Song' still blows my mind away every time I play it, bar none. Hearing Denny, Michelle and Cass sing together on nearly every track, sounding almost like The Mamas and The Papas, however, different, kind of what the band's sound may have evolved into, had they stayed together, just makes me so curious to find out more about those sessions; what went down; what tracks were tried out; is there any lost bonus material?

I'm sure Michelle could provide an amazing account of that final occasion they got to work with Cass. What a reunion (sans John) that had to have been for them, especially after how much they'd all resented having to do People Like Us.

Richard, if memory serves me right, you did the liner notes and research for the album when it first came out on CD. Was anything left out? edited out? Any titbits or other info/memories (of Cass', Denny's, Michelle's of course) that might tell us more about that incredible final collaboration?

Thanks,

Eran
Eran

Re: The 'Waiting For a Song' Sessions

Postby CassFanForLife » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi Eran....

I feel the same , although, it's bittersweet, especially at the time as they had no idea knowing that would be Cass' last recording efforts, but to have been once more reunited and with good vibes in the project as it clearly shows in the songs - I have the CD and enjoying playing over, and over.....

I'm also grateful that Cass got to write the liner notes for it makes it that much more special and for her it was , perhaps a way of acknowledging --not sure but I get a feeling it was a sense of closure for her , maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, perhaps Richard could enlighten us one day, if he knows anything more of this session, and it's run . Michelle, I'm sure has her thoughts , but it's up to her to share them .
CassFanForLife

Return to Denny Doherty