[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Those hard to find Cass songs

Those hard to find Cass songs

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Those hard to find Cass songs

Postby Richard » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:53 pm

I'm trying to collect every song Cass ever performed either in the studio or live. I think I have every released studio performance now. How many unreleased ones are still waiting I wonder. Does anyone know anything about Don't make me a memory? Is this likely to see the light of day, or is it on a bootleg out there somewhere?
I've now moved onto the live tracks, and I've managed to collect quite a few. The ones I've managed to collect so far:
Softly and tenderly
Medley with Johnny Cash
Act naturally with J Cash
I dig rock'n'roll music with S D Jnr
Simon and Garfunkel medley with J Andrews
Heaven help us all with Ray Charles, etc
Alone again
Medley with Tom Jones
I shall be released with Joni and Mary
Darling companion
California Dreamin/Monday Monday medley
The river of life
Sugar Sugar with Lulu and Dudley
Leavin on a jet plane with J Denver

I'm now searching for the medley of Words/Words of love/You've got your troubles with Andy Williams. Does anyone out there have this to post either here or on youtube :?: I'd love to hear it. :) Please feel free to add any other rarities to this thread. The search continues! Richard.
Richard

Re: Those hard to find Cass songs

Postby Nicole » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:28 am

Hi Richard,
The Andy Williams medely, Words/Words of Love is on the Andy Willams show dvd set, I think. I think it's the green packaging, I'm not sure. As far as I know it's still available on Amazon. Hope this helps.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Richard » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks,
I haven't got round to buying the Andy Williams dvd yet. Does anyone have the clip of the Words of Love duet that they could post here or on youtube, I'd love to see it. Thanks, Rich.
Richard

Postby Frankie » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:30 am

The compilation "Cass Elliot~The Complete Solo Recordings 1968-71" limited edition of 5,000 copies is now officially sold out. The prices on ebay & amazon are way to high so I thought I'd get it directly from the manufacturer Hip O-Select. I'd check the site every now & then but still put off the purchase. Well a recent visit to the site has revealed it is indeed officially sold out :cry: I hope it's reissued.

Take care, everyone
Frankie :geek:
Frankie
Frankie

Postby adamcarr » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm with you on that one Frankie! Indeed the price of the solo collection has kept it out of my grasp also, all we can do is hope for that re-issue and hope that it can be offered at a more reasonable price, the prices on ebay and amazon are ridiculous! If it can be done for ROAD... & CASS ELLIOT hopefully it can be done for this also.

Still praying for a "Dont Call Me Mama" DVD release :D

Cheers,
Adam
adamcarr

Postby Eran » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:05 am

A word of advice guys,

When something like along the lines of the Cass Elliot Complete Collection comes out, even if the initial price seems a tad steep, just buy it. I actually don't think it was that expensive when it first came out. I think I paid about $30-35 in total, including shipping to Israel.

Experience has taught me that the longer I wait, the higher the chances are something will go out of print, and then you're at the mercies of eBay sellers.

Good luck finding it! Hope it does get reissued.
Eran

Postby Frankie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks for your thoughts Eran & Adam ! Prices on ebay & Amazon can be ridiculous but there are also great deals
A few days ago I purchased 2 Cass compilations containing tracks that I didn't have on CD. One has arrived, I'm expecting the other later today.
You see, a few months ago I learned how to store music on my laptop. I know, big deal right? Been going on for years. For me it's new, making my own customized compilations, like I did with cassettes way back when. I went to the laptop thinking this can't be difficult . Within minutes I figured it out :geek:
I've been wanting my own customized career-spanning Cass compilation on compact disc for so long . It's in "production" now. In fact, as I type these words "Lady Love" is playing. I think this CD will be finished just in time for Cass' 71st birthday.
I'm with you Adam on "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" on DVD. I've only seen it once when it originally aired.
Eran you have the 1,000 th post in this thread ! That is simply grand :mrgreen:
Take care, enjoy the day. Peace
Frankie
Frankie
Frankie

Postby Frankie » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Frankie
Frankie

Postby Nicole » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:31 am

Hi Frankie,
Yes, God Bless Cass Elliot. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Richard » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 am

Does anyone know the title of the song she performs with Buddy hackett :?: It's the song about his daughter from the Cass 1969 TV special. I wish Cass had recorded a full length version of River of life. It's great! 8-) Rich.
Richard

Next

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion