My Mamas & Papas Tatoo

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

My Mamas & Papas Tatoo

Postby Stacy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:33 pm

I got this last year in Indiana, PA (birthplace of actor James Stewart)--it didn't heal right but I have since had it touched up (this is an older shot of it). I'd take a new one but I've got a raging sunburn at the moment and my arm looks icky... On a fun note, the guy had to go into storage to get our the right sized needle to do Michelle's body with because he hadn't used a needle for lines that tiny in ages. My friend tried to talk him into putting a heart next to Denny because I told her I thought he was just so gorgeous. Not cool. But I did have to hold her hand when they did Michelle's outline I about cried...and he was really digging for the mic cord on Denny...John's guitar hurt so bad I told him to just "change it to a frickin' flute instead of guitar! I can't take it!" lol...I'm a dork.

I think I heard someone talking about this drawing in Cass' bio from Biography. I got it because of course I liked the drawing--I don't know if Cass did. No one knows what it is...ever. It's a tatoo I have to explain everytime it peaks out of my sleave and someone catches sight of it. But once I explain they think it's pretty neat. So it's like a "for me" tatoo...I know what it is and no one else unless they're a fan. She's a hero of mine--she acomplished so much in her life. And she was a bigger lady. I face problems everyday because of my weight and I just admire her...and I love the group so I got this one. I have another of Elvis Presley's signature on my wrist and I think I'm gonna stop for now because they never turn out like I want them to--except I do want a tatoo of that flower/butterfly looking set she's standing in front of singing I think "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore?"

I just need to find a decent photo it :)

- Stacy
Stacy

Re: My Mamas & Papas Tatoo

Postby Nicole » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:02 am

Hi Stacy,
That tatoo looks awesome! I'm afraid of needles so I don't have any tatoos. The tatoo artist did a great job!
Take care, Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby TRAVISJAMES03 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Awesome!
TRAVISJAMES03

Postby MPsForever » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks for sharing, what a great tattoo!
MPsForever

Postby adamcarr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 pm

This is WAY COOL!!!
adamcarr

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Sweet! Man, this just got me thinking... I really want a black shirt with this on it in white, similar to the Dedicated to the One I Love promo ad... here's a quick mock-up...

Anyone know what the best method is for making/getting made custom black t-shirts?
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby Sportguynj1 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:41 am

Wow that's a great tee shirt design - if someone could come up with a way to get those printed I'm sure everyone on this site would want one!

Rob
Sportguynj1

Postby John Sands » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:14 pm

How cool!!! That even beats the 'mamas and papas' spoons or the Michelle cigar band!
John Sands

Postby adamcarr » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:41 pm

I'm with Rob, Where can I place an Order??
adamcarr

Postby Nicole » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:40 am

Hi, everyone,
I agree with John Sands. Cool shirt!
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)