Cass live TV rarities on youtube

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Cass live TV rarities on youtube

Postby Richard » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:13 am

HELP!! There was a great live song Cass performed on the Carol Burnett show called There's a lull in my life which used to be on youtube. It's now been removed so I'll never hear it again! Does anyone have this song as an mp3? If so could I ask a big favour and ask you to send it to me. There was also a duet from the same show by Cass and Carol, now also gone from youtube. Many thanks. Yours hopefully, Richard.
Richard

Re: Cass live TV rarities on youtube

Postby Richard » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:40 am

Happily the above 2 mentioned performances are back on youtube. Along with other rare live performances such as I had a king, When the battle is over duet with Tom Jones and Blackbird duet with Andy Williams. If anyone knows of any other live TV performances could you add them here :?: Many thanks, Rich.
Richard

Postby Eran » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:57 pm

It's the impossible paradox...

Each time one of these rare videos surfaces I literally jump out of my own skin for joy because I get to add yet another track to my Cass playlist...but then, especially with the ones that have interview clips attached to them, there's another reminder of how she had only just begun to explore her depths, boundaries and range, of what could have been, of what we've all lost...

The Carol Burnett duet alone...singing aside, there's so much range to Cass' acting in that clip, it's possibly the unfairest of teases.

But I am grateful for these clips at the end of the day. Above all else. Grateful.
Eran

Postby Richard » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:21 pm

I wish someone would release a dvd containing all these performances of Cass. The duets with Tom Jones and Andy Williams are simply terrific! Is such a dvd a possibility I wonder? There's actually more of these clips out there than I thought, and thank heavens for that! :D Rich.
Richard

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion