American bandstand

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

American bandstand

Postby pufnstuf » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:51 am

Is the clip of twelve thirty available anywhere as performed on bandstand
pufnstuf

Re: American bandstand

Postby Nicole » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:26 am

Hi pufinstuf,
I would try Youtube to see if it's there. I know there was a clip shown in the dcumentary from 1988 Straight Shooter. I'm not sure where else it would be, Hope this helps.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Rbcsoup » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:19 am

Could be mistaken but I think the clip of Twelve Thirty in the 1988 Documentary was from Sullivan

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby Sportguynj1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Richard is correct - the clip of "Twelve Thirty" was performed on their third and final appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show - September 24, 1967. They also did a medley of their hits and told Ed that they were sailing to Europe on The France.

Hope that helps!

Rob
Sportguynj1

Postby Alby » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi Pufnstuf,

I have been searching for some years for the performance of 'Twelve Thirty' on Bandstand, but I haven't found it yet. I don't think by now it's released on DVD.

The performance of the song on the 'Straight Shooter' biography is from The Ed Sullivan Show, 24/9/67, their final TV appearance as a group. That day they also played a medley of Monday, Monday - I Call your name - California dreamin' cause some group cancelled their appearance on the show so the Mamas & The Papas had more time in the show.

Albert
Alby

Postby Nicole » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:39 am

Hi everyone,
I apologize for the mix-up. Thank you all for the posts and the corrections. Thank you, Alby for the inofrmation about the M and P's appearance on the Sullivan show. I did not know that another group had cancelled that day, thus leaving the Mand Ps more time. interesting bit of information. Have a great weekend. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby GlennS » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:58 pm

I saw the last Sullivan appearance "live" when I was a kid, and I remember the week before that Ed said that next week's show would include the Mamas and Papas' "farewell to show business", which was a big shock to hear. I assumed that the medley they did was part of that "farewell," and it looked well planned, with fancy props, sets, costumes, etc. By the way it seems that Cass is singing live in that medley.
best,
Glenn
GlennS

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)