Laurel Canyon Exhibit Grammy Museum in LA--See Cass' Chair!

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Laurel Canyon Exhibit Grammy Museum in LA--See Cass' Chair!

Postby Rbcsoup » Tue May 20, 2014 4:31 am

I've been hearing lots of good things about this Exhibit. It runs through November if you are in LA before then.

Enjoy and send back field reports if you go!

Richard

http://newsok.com/laurel-canyon-music-v ... eed/685689
Rbcsoup

Re: Laurel Canyon Exhibit Grammy Museum in LA--See Cass' Chair!

Postby Gregory24 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:59 pm

Tonight I went to the Grammy Museum to see a talk with Grace Slick. She was funny and direct and her language was quite "colorful". She was... Grace Slick!! With the Jefferson Airplane, she was the only one to play all three major music festivals, Monterey (which she said was the best one), Woodstock, and Altamont. As some may know, she is also an artist. One of her prints exhibited tonight was "Backstage at the Monterey Pop Festival" which features many of the artists who were there... Cass Elliot, John Phillips, David Crosby, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, etc. Before seeing Grace, I was able to see the Laurel Canyon exhibit. One of the videos shown was of The Mamas and the Papas, and Cass' fab psychedelic chair is prominently displayed along with a few pieces of her jewelry. One wall features many black and white photographs taken by Graham Nash of his music friends and another features the colorful works of Henry Diltz. These include Cass as "Cleopatra" surrounded by grapes and peaches (which was featured on the best "Best of Cass Elliot"), the picnic at Cass' home with Owen, Joni, David and Eric Clapton, and an alternate of Cass on the motorcycle with Owen (which was on her first solo album). Not a large display all in all, but definitely enjoyable - especially when combined with an evening with "The Acid Queen", Grace Slick.
Gregory24

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion