Casey Kasem 1932-2014

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Casey Kasem 1932-2014

Postby Brownjb81 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:11 pm

As the world knows that radio legend and voice actor Casey Kasem died today at the age of 82. Besides being the longtime host of American Top 40, he was also the voice of Shaggy from Scooby Doo. As a lot of Cass Elliot fans know that Cass once appeared as a guest star on Scooby Doo. Could you imagine that Casey Kasem and Cass Elliot once worked together? That's amazing! When Cass appeared on that episode of Scooby Doo, that was the first time that I had ever heard of her. At the time when I first watched that episode, I figured that she was a cartoon character and not a real person. I first saw that episode when I was kid when Scooby Doo reruns were aired in syndication. Also, some years back, Casey was hosting another radio show called "American Top 10" and the show had a segment called "the AT10 Spotlight" and on one of those shows, Casey spotlighted singers who are now deceased and Cass was one of the singers featured that week. They played "California Dreamin" by the Mamas and the Papas. I have to admit that I got chills when Casey mentioned Cass on the show that week. It was one of my favorite Casey Kasem moments. RIP Casey and now you and Cass will get to work together again.
Brownjb81

Re: Casey Kasem 1932-2014

Postby Nicole » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:37 am

Hi brownjb81,
Thanks for the post. God bless Casey Kasem. May he rest in peace.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion