Michelle in New Sharon Tate Photobook/Biography

Share stories and discussions about Michelle Phillips.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Michelle in New Sharon Tate Photobook/Biography

Postby jcg » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Michelle provides a lovely tribute to Sharon Tate in her sister's--Debra Tate's--new and fabulously-exquisite photobiography titled: Sharon Tate: Recollection. The book is wonderful, with loads of breathtaking photos, and focuses on Sharon life instead of her grisly death. Michelle's testimonial about her friend is heartfelt and sweet. Here's an article about the book:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -life.html

Highly recommended.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Re: Michelle in New Sharon Tate Photobook/Biography

Postby Nicole » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 am

Hi jcg,
Thank you for the post and the link. Definitley on my must read list. I was wondering if Michelle Phillips's remeberence was a quote or an essay, because in the summary of the book's contents I've read online it stated people contributed quotes and or essays. Thank you for clearing that up.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby jcg » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:48 am

Hi Nicole,

Michelle's rememberance is a quote about a page long and is heartfelt and touching. It appears that the quote is new and given directly to Debra Tate for the book; as, Debra thanks her for her contribution in the acknowledgements.

In any case, the book is absolutely gorgeous--as was its subject. Uber-highly recommended.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby Nicole » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:43 am

Hi jcg,
Thank you so much for your response. I will check it out the next time I'm at the bookstore. :D
Take care,
Nicole

Postby Sportguynj1 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi Nicole and jcg,

I actually just received the new "Sharon Tate: Recollection" book as a birthday present and it's really a beautiful coffee-table style book by Sharon's sister, Debra Tate. It's filled with equisite photos of Sharon and some wonderful quotes, essays and remembrances from her family, friends and collegues. I think Michelle's page-long quote along with another by Patty Duke who worked with Sharon in "Valley of the Dolls" are among the finest quotes in the entire book. Like Michelle, Sharon Tate was a young, blonde stunning beauty who embodies and influences many of the fashion styles and trends of the 1960's. This book is a wonderful legacy to Sharon which shines a focus on her amazing albeit short life rather than on her sad and tragic death.

Best wishes,

Rob
Sportguynj1

Postby jcg » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi Sportguynj1

I completely agree with your assessment of the book. In addition to the excellent quotes you mentioned, I would add the one from Mia Farrow, where she comments on Sharon's child-like (not child-ish) spirit--an insightful, wonderful observation.

The book has been a LONG time coming. I hate that Sharon's memory is almost always contextualized within the murders. Because of that unfortunate connection, and because it was written and compiled by Sharon's sister, Debra, I feel that this book does a great service to her legacy.

Now, if only Owen or Leah would do something similar for Cass. Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

hoping and wishing,
jcg
jcg

Postby Nicole » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:45 am

Hi jcg,
That would be amazing. Keeping my fingers crossed for someday. 8-)
Take care,
Nicole

Postby jcg » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:20 am

Hi Nicole,

Here's lending synergy to your wish. Hoping there's strength in numbers.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby Nicole » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:57 am

Hi John,
Thanks so much for that link. A beautiful rememberence. :D
Take care,
Nicole

Next

Return to Michelle Phillips