[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Response to 2014 "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" release.

Response to 2014 "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" release.

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Response to 2014 "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" release.

Postby jcg » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:40 am

jcg

Re: Response to 2014 "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" release.

Postby Rbcsoup » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:23 am

True enough! Of course that would be brilliant and we can hope for that still. You are correct, I believe, in your estimation of the financial and logistical constraints that exist in mining the vaults for these nuggets. The best way to demonstrate interest and pave the way for future endeavors, as has been said here before, is to purchase new releases.

To that end, we will have a link for pre-purchase of this CD posted tonight. If you are able to but your copies through that link (which will go through amazon.com) it will make a small contribution to the cost of this website. But the most important thing is to buy the CD and help support the efforts.

In the same vein, get yourself one of Real Gone's copies of Gathering of Flowers too, if you haven't already.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby jcg » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:53 am

Hi Richard,

I did not know that purchasing items through the website contributed toward its costs; so, I cancelled my preorder for this item and re-placed it through the link here.

As I said earlier, I will support any new Cass material. But, in all fairness, I do my part; I have this album on vinyl, audio cassette, reel-to-reel, the first cd release in 2000, and the version on the three-fer British release (I even have a copy on 8-track!). I was really, really hoping for that hinted-at, expanded edition--the thought of studio versions of Torch Song Medley and I like What I Like is too tantalizing for words.

yay, though
jcg
jcg

Postby CassFanForLife » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi there...I vry much want to order this but I can't for a few reasons, unless a miracle comes my way...#1...I can'torder online because I use public computers (libraries), and public wifi hotspots .
#2.....I DON'T own a credit card nor do I do online banking as I use public intetnet, and I don't care to divulge my bank info on public internet I don't have home internet.
#3......I can't orde ftom Amazon because they don't accept money order payments and because I'm fromCanada, there is no Amazon gift card aavailable . I have seen prepaid Visa/Mastercard cards aroundbutnever sed them before and not sure if they'd ork to oder stuff online with, maybe if they could, I could buy one and try ordering CD from here....any thoughts on this....I want this CD very much so.....
CassFanForLife

Postby oldschooljamz87 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Cassfan,

Is there someone who could order the cd for you? Or you could try to email Real Gone Music and see if they would accept a money order in this case.
oldschooljamz87

Postby jcg » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi Cassfan,

I've seen amazon.com gift cards at supermarkets and drugstores that would absolutely work on their website; and, because it is a gift card, you won't have to worry about using it on a public computer and you can pay cash for the card. Check with the customer service department of your largest supermarket chain and I'm sure they could help you.

If, as you say, there is no amazon.com-specific gift card available in Canada, pre-paid Visa cards should absolutely work. Just to be sure, check amazon.com's accepted methods of payment. If that doesn't clear things up, you can try calling amazon's customer service. It is toll free.

Good luck,
jcg
jcg

Postby Rbcsoup » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:13 pm

<<<<I did not know that purchasing items through the website contributed toward its costs; so, I cancelled my preorder for this item and re-placed it through the link here>>>>

Thanks much. It's not "pitching pennies at the moon" but it probably is pennies or fractions of them on the dollar.... but every little bit helps. I think in a banner year when there were several orders through the site it generated about $10 towards expenses. Again, thank you,

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby jcg » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:40 pm

You're very welcome. I wish I'd known earlier. While small, every brick contributes to the structure.

In any case, I receive the new DCMMA CD tomorrow and am looking forward to the new material. PLEASE, PLEASE help us push for the definitive version to be released for next time.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby CassFanForLife » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm awaiting to get word about the arrival of the DCMMA cd which I was able to order at yhe bookstore aftet all. I thought I'd just checkout their kiosk data catalogue on July 28th and low and behold...there it was available to pre order so I did :-):-):-):-) looking orward to pickong it up and enjoying once it grts ship to another location of the bookstore closer to my place:-)
CassFanForLife

Postby Nicole » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:56 am

Hi cassfan,
Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :D I assure you, when you get the cd, you won't be disapointed. It is, in a word, "extraordinary". The liner notes are very good, filled with great pictures. There's even a pic of Cass and Michelle Phillips from the tv special. The sound of the cd is awsome, as far as my untrained ears can tell; it's very clear. I love it. Now if Real Gone Music would put out Denny's Whatcha Gonna Do, which to my knowledge has never been on cd in the U.S. before, that would be great. To paraphrase Cass, "We can dream can't we"?
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Next

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion