Response to 2014 "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" release.

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Response to 2014 "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" release.

Postby pufnstuf » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:27 am

Take back past comments
The cd arrived today from amazon uk
The sound is the best ever
This was never my fav album
But i am really enjoying listening to it now
Thanks real gone
Keep up the good work
pufnstuf

Postby Richard » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:27 am

I haven't got round to buying this yet, in fact it's only just been released here in the UK. I see Give a little laughter got dropped as they only found a backing track, so did Cass ever record a vocal :?: What are your opinions on the new track that did make it onto the cd, Don't make me a memory :?: Rich.
Richard

Postby Nicole » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:49 am

Hi Richard,
I really like Don't Make Me a Memeory. I really love the album as a whole because I feel it shows the artisitc direction that Cass was headed in. Hope this answers your question. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby CassFanForLife » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 pm

WooHoo...I'm one happy gal...Yesterday, the CD arrived at the bookstore and I picked it up, came home, listened to it, read the liner notes....

Richard : Excellent stuff on the liner notes, enjoyed reading them . I absolutely love all the pix in the CD booklet but my fave one is the one on the inside back of CD holder, it's such a simple yet elegant photo of Cass :) She loved her Purple as much as I do :p

As for all the tracks on the CD, though, I 've heard most of them on YOUTUBE, and on a few other CDs of Cass stuff I have at home...I cherish this one very much, to have a recording of her doing LIVE, well, it's as good as me being there ( Though I wish I had , as I was around 6-7 yrs old at the time, too young to appreciate her, although if had been older, and lived in Chicago, sure, I'd been there ). I really enjoyed ' Listen To The World " and " Don't Make Me a Memory "...
Well, the whole CD is great, once again, just to hear the calibre of a gift that her voice was....ahhh... a true gem, worth the listen, worth the purchase, worth being a lifelong fan for/of :) Thankyou Cass for being who you were, sharing your singing voice gift with us all :D Thankyou going out to Owen, Richard, all others involved in bringing this CD to a reality :)
CassFanForLife

Postby jcg » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:07 am

Hi CassFan

I'm so glad you were able to get a hold of a copy. It is wonderful isn't it? Your love and appreciation of Cass comes through clearly.

I am equally enthusiastic about it. I am a bit sad though; because, the DVD of the special was not released and, despite an impassioned plea for information about its release on this website (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=974), I have not heard a word from RBC about it. Very disheartening.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby Rbcsoup » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:13 pm

Thank you for those kind words CassFan.

JCG, forgive me for not replying sooner. I'm sorry but I don't have any news about further release(s) at this time. I know it is generally true that the better one release sells, the more likely another will be released....

If/when I know anything I'll be happy to share it as I'm able. Thanks for your patience.

Richard
Rbcsoup

Postby jcg » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 am

Thanks Richard. Just knowing that there are no immediate plans for the DVD release, while bittersweet, does assuage my anxious desire for this special. Here's hoping for the future.

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby Owen Elliot-Kugell » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:41 am

Hi everyone!

the DCMMA special is hopefully going to be released by the end of the year-still looking for a company to release it.

Patience!!!

Meanwhile, enjoy the rerelease of the CD...
Owen Elliot-Kugell

Postby jcg » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Hi Owen

Be still my fluttering heart! Just when I resolved to myself that I would probably never see the special, at least not anytime soon, along comes your awesome news. Thank you for sharing the information with us; you didn't have to and it means alot. I'll work on the patience :D

take care,
jcg
jcg

Postby Papa J » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 pm

That's great news about the "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore" DVD. I know Michelle Phillips appeared on the special - does anyone know if she sang with Cass or just participated in skits with her?
Papa J

PreviousNext

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion