The big 3

Forum section for discussing Cass' early years.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

The big 3

Postby pufnstuf » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:45 am

I am surprised we have not seen more big 3 reissues
Surely they are out of copyright now
They could include the rare army services recordings etc and the live clips found on variuos comps
I wonder also if tv appearances go,out of copyright
Curious
pufnstuf

Re: The big 3

Postby Rbcsoup » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:51 am

I've been thinking about The Big 3 a lot lately too. While the copyrights have not run, it would be good to have both albums, commercials, the live material from the Roulette Compliations and as you say, the TV performances memorialized in one place. I so wish their performances of Oh Holy Night and Another Autumn from The Tonight Show still existed. Great thought. That The Big 3 endure a half century later goes to their brilliance--truly kinetic, those three.
Rbcsoup

Postby beccabear » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Wah (as Denny might've said)... "army services recordings"??? Did I miss the headlines about this? Any way to get to hear them? I have one The Free Design cut with The Airmen Of Note and it is great.

I have always bristled over that phony Cass was hit by a pipe and suddenly could hit the note John Phillips need. You can hear how fantastic her range was before any of that nonsense on the Big 3 recordings, especially The Silkie track!
beccabear

Postby CassFanForLife » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 am

Certainly a group worth locating all of their stuff for. I have one CD....so far...... :)
CassFanForLife

Postby KimL » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:22 pm

I think kinetic is a very apt description for them. I forget which liner notes, but somewhere there's a quote that says, "They had a sound that could nail you to the wall." I've always loved and agreed with that statement...

There are clearly more recordings than I've heard! There's more than one commercial? My mouth is watering.
----------
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
~Marcel Proust
KimL

Postby Lilry1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:28 pm

I found a promo copy of an Album by them. How much is it worth???
Lilry1

Return to The Early Years (1941-1960)