[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Cass Elliot Community Forum • View topic - Concert dates and info for the M&P's and related groups

Concert dates and info for the M&P's and related groups

Direct all "The Mamas and The Papas" discussion here.

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Re: Concert dates and info for the M&P's and related groups

Postby ColoradoDreaming » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:37 am

October 8, 1966: Denver Auditorium/Arena downtown; Mama Cass wore a strikingly beautiful and memorable orange chiffon dress.
ColoradoDreaming

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks ColoradoDreaming, had the date and city for that one in the list, but not the venue!
Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby hippie and starfairy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:01 pm

One thing,

Do any of you know of any actual live footage besides the whole "Monterey Pop Festival" and can you post a link of it, I know none of you probably won't have it but I'm starting to get really desperate for any new things that have The Mamas and The Papas in them and can you repost the footage links?
hippie and starfairy

Postby Ars_Nova_Chris » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:18 am

Ars_Nova_Chris

Postby hippie and starfairy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:04 pm

*Sigh*

I knew but I was hoping that somehow some concert footage was found, but it looks like actual live footage will never be found. :( On the bright side there is TV footage, maybe you should add links to whatever footage can be found into the forum.
hippie and starfairy

Postby Papa J » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:40 pm

I really like this Hullabaloo clip of "California Dreamin,'" especially since its one of the few TV appearances where it almost appears live (at least you can hear Cass singing over the recording).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emuiQkGMc9k
Papa J

Postby Nicole » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:16 am

Hi papaj.
Thanks for posting I like California... on Hullabaloo as well. The girls popping out of the tubs always make me laugh, so sixties, I love it. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Papa J » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:44 pm

You're welcome, Nicole. The girls in the tubs are pretty funny. It's interesting to read comments on Youtube from people who watch the clip, but don't understand the bathtub reference. Of course, diehard Mamas and Papas fans know that they are referencing their first album cover with the Fabulous Four in a bathtub. ;)
Papa J

Postby hippie and starfairy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Oh yeah, by the way, is there any filmed or printed interviews of The Mamas and Papas, you know, when the group was together from 1965-1968. I'm just wondering because it seems like they talked to the press at least once and it was about how at the time, there was a rumor the band was going to do something akin to the Beatles "A Hard Day's Night" and they denied it. (That would've been the best movie ever!) But anyway, was there any interviews from when the band was still together, because it would be interesting to read or hear.
hippie and starfairy

Postby John1956 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi, I came across a ticket stub, I believe from Seattle Center Coliseum, dated July 29, 1967. On the back someone had written "Mamas and Papas". Can someone in this forum confirm the M&P's played in Seattle that date? I would very much like to find any articles or reviews of their trip to Seattle. I have not found anything on my internet search to show they were in Seattle that date. Thanks for any help here.
Flyroy.
John1956

Previous

Return to The Mamas and The Papas Years (1965-1968, 1971)