Favorite part of Cass's legacy

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Favorite part of Cass's legacy

Postby Brownjb81 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:37 pm

What is your favorite part of Cass's legacy? There are many to choose from:

1. She was a member of a successful rock group.
2. She sang at the first rock festival (The Monterey Pop Festival)
3. She was the first plus size sex symbol.
4. She posed nude for Cheetah magazine.
5. She was one of the first female celebrities to have a tattoo.
6. She was one of the most attractive women to walk the face of Planet earth.

If you were to ask me, what is my favorite part of her legacy, I would have to say, a combination of all of these things.
Brownjb81

Re: Favorite part of Cass's legacy

Postby Nicole » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:14 am

Hi Brownjb81,
I agree with all of those listed and I also want to add that she was one of the first to embrace many different styles of music. not just rock /pop as is evident on The Road... and Don't Call Me Mama.. and her folk work.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

She was/is "Something Wonderful".

Postby Gregory24 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:28 pm

For me, Cass Elliot, as many have pointed out over the years, was larger than life in every respect. Her talent was huge, her IQ and wit were huge, her political awareness was huge (and she wasn't afraid to publicly endorse candidates and causes she believed in), her caring and loving heart was huge... she indeed made her own kind of music. And we, the fans, believed in her. She made, and continues to make, our emotional lives better.

P.S. And in regard to one aspect of the Mamas & the Papas legacy, they broke music industry ground for mixed groups like Fleetwood Mac and ABBA. Since I was lucky enough to work for the former, I am eternally grateful.
Gregory24

Re: Favorite part of Cass's legacy

Postby CassFanForLife » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:21 am

I 'm in in full agreement with everyone's replies here, and to which I'll add my own 2 cents worth:
She was a person who was gifted and was inspiring and her humour ...that wit.... beautiful person. I only wish that at some point in her solo career, more folks would of paid more attn. to her gifted vocals rather than to her size, etc, and perhaps just maybe more of her solo efforts would of been , in my opinion more properly acknowledged . And I do love the fact that her musical tastes varied and she was capable of singing whatever song struck her fancy and she nabbed it and her duet collaborations on tv shows, with Dave Mason, and CSN, just adds to it all :) Yes, indeed, Cass was one of a kind, and I'm proud of that of her . POSITIVITIES going out to CASS !! :) <3
CassFanForLife

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion