Remembering Cass

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Remembering Cass

Postby roger » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:34 pm

This past year was one of my worst. I lost two brothers within 5 months of each other. My oldest is the one who introduced my twin brother and I to the MP when they first came out in 1966. He and I were only 13 years old but both of us loved their music and especially Cass. We both continued to follow her solo career with much anticipation for each of her new albums and also her many TV appearances.
Of course her untimely death in July of 1974 was such a heart breaking day for both of us.
The first anniversary of my twin brothers death is coming up in August. Today while thinking of Cass' passing and what an influence she was on the music world, and on us as well. I could not help but hope that my brother and Cass have met now, and that they both are at peace.
It is funny, how the older we get and the more people we have lost that this world does not hold the same attachments it once did. In fact I become more convinced that this life is to prepare us for the one to come.
We had both brothers cremains scattered in San Diego bay this past November....and of course we had the Mamas & Papas music playing on the ship. We closed the memorial on the boat with Cass' "I'll Be Seeing You".....and I know we will some day.

Roger
roger

Re: Remembering Cass

Postby Nicole » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:12 am

Hi Roger,
I'm very sorry for your loss. :cry: You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I agree Cass, and the Mamams amd Papas had a big influence on mthe music world and the world at large.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Re: Remembering Cass

Postby Gregory24 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Roger, I am so sorry for your losses. Carly Simon once wrote, "life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon". Thank God for music at these very difficult times.
Gregory24

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion