Johnny Carson

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Johnny Carson

Postby Brownjb81 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:07 pm

It's well known that Cass guest hosted the Tonight Show on several occasions. Well, I recently got a new cable channel on my cable system. Well, it's not really a new channel, it debuted in 2011 but it's new to me since it debuted on my cable box on February 1. The name of the channel is called "Antenna TV". It's a digital cable channel which airs classic television shows from the 1950's to the 1990's. What does this have to do with The Tonight Show. Well, Antenna TV recently started airing episodes of the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. On Antenna TV, the show is subtitled, "Johnny Carson" as NBC currently holds ownership of "The Tonight Show" title and the episodes air opposite of the current edition, which is now hosted by Jimmy Fallon. They are airing Johnny Carson episodes from 1972-1992. The episode that were aired from September 1980-May 1992 are aired at 11pm weeknights and the ones that were aired before September 1980 are aired on the weekends at 10pm.
Brownjb81

Re: Johnny Carson

Postby Papa J » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:13 am

Last night on Antenna TV, they aired a Tonight Show with Cass as a guest from apparently May 1974. I'm assuming that was probably her last Tonight Show appearance. She talked about how a couple of weeks before she had "the vapors," and basically fainted before a scheduled Tonight appearance because of low blood sugar. It was a fascinating interview, but kind of sad given the time she had left. Cass mentioned how she recently had toured extensively and was glad she was back home, but realized she was scheduled to go on tour again in July. She was funny and witty and mentioned her mother and the Chinese food commercial and both of them going on the Dating Game. She also mentioned her love of soap operas. It was a great interview.
Papa J

Postby Brownjb81 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:57 pm

I saw the show last night and it was a great interview. When I watched it, I was amazed to think that no one knew at the time that Cass would be dead just 2 1/2 months later. Another indication on how shocking Cass's death was. I wonder if Johnny ever did a tribute to Cass after she died. After all, she did guest host for him on several occasions and of course, was a guest on the show.
Brownjb81

Postby CassFanForLife » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:49 am

Arrrgghhh..I don'the have cable....that would of been great to watch her host !!
CassFanForLife

Postby Rbcsoup » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:47 am

How refreshing to see Cass on a TV show in 2016. Very cool that they are running that one. Look for the September 1973 one when she sings "I'm Comin' To The Best Part of My Life" and they show film from "Cass Elliot Day" in Baltimore.

If you see news or notice of a scheduled TV appearance ahead of time, be sure to let folks know or email

Thanks for sharing.

RBC
Rbcsoup

Postby Lilry1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkrdS-lntE An episode with Cass was posted this month on Johnny Carson's Youtube Channel.
Lilry1

Postby Nicole » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:38 am

Hi Liry1,
Cool video. Thanks for posting. Love Cass's wit in this interview.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby Rbcsoup » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:42 am

Great Stuff!
Rbcsoup

Postby CassFanForLife » Mon May 02, 2016 2:08 pm

Cass and her wit....truly missed and too bad she couldn't be here to show how true showmanship is done.....that's missing in today's celeb world.....
CassFanForLife

Postby HughMassie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:44 am

I shall try to find Antena TV if it is available on internet. I would like to watch those classic soaps and her dating game like shows. Thanks for sharing the information.
HughMassie

Next

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion