NEW RELEASE OF POPLE LIKE US

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

NEW RELEASE OF POPLE LIKE US

Postby roger » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:41 am

I received the PBS special of the People Like Us package release. I agree that this was a rather expensive purchase but it was for a worthy cause...support for PBS. I have to say I am quite pleased and shocked especially in the quality of the People Like Us recordings! Don't know what John was thinking when this was first realeased, maybe it was the drugs or he was pissed off at Cass for leaving the group. This recording brings out front all of Cass' vocals as well as Michelle's too. This is what is missing from the original release!! They were known for their harmony and these recordings really bring it out!
Cass really sails on the song People Like Us. I have a feeling that if this version had been released first, it would have been a success and the People Like Us song would have maybe been as popular as Monday Monday and Calif. Dreaming.
Besides being thrilled to have this recording (feel like it's a new MP album that I just discovered!!)
In this package, the much anticipated Cass Specials were included. I had seen the first before when I was 16 years old, and had purchased the DVD release a few years back. I was living in Jerusalem Israel in 1973 when her second special was released. I was so disappointed that I missed it. Been trying to find it for over 40 years!! I was thrilled that I was able to get it by making a donation to PBS. I know it was expensive, but for me it was well worth it!!
I am now going on 64 years old, and am very happy to have seen all of
these recordings and film coverage of both the M&P and Cass Elliot!! Unless something else shows up before I die, in that case I will start the search again!!!
Thanks to all the people who have made all these releases possible!!!

Roger
roger

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion