Cass Catalog Vinyl Reissues

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Cass Catalog Vinyl Reissues

Postby jcg » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:36 pm

I was wondering, due to the phenomenal resurgence of vinyl records, if Cass' catalog of solo material will be released on that format. I don't want to open the old analog vs. digital wound again; but, I think there is definitely a market for doing so. As far as is known, is this a possibility or perhaps already in the works? I'd get them in a heartbeat.
jcg

Re: Cass Catalog Vinyl Reissues

Postby roger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:25 am

I have nearly all the Mamas & Papas lPs and some of Cass' s LP's along with Mugwumps LP. I do not own a turn table and would like to give these to a M&P/ Cass fan that can use them. I'd much rather do that then see them hauled to a landfill after I am gone.
Anyone interested....let me know. I can be contacted at Roger.sargent53@gmail.com

Thanks!!
roger

Postby jcg » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi Roger,

Your thoughtfulness is appreciated. I have all the albums on vinyl already; otherwise, I'd be all over your offer. I'm sure someone here would love to have them. If Nicole does not have them and wants them, I hope she gets it; as, she is a consistent poster here and a damn nice person.

Cheers.
jcg

Postby Nicole » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:34 am

Hi jcg,
Thank you for your kind words. I actually have all the vinyl, also. Thank you for the good thoughts. I appreciate it. :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby oldschooljamz87 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:36 pm

jcg wrote:I was wondering, due to the phenomenal resurgence of vinyl records, if Cass' catalog of solo material will be released on that format. I don't want to open the old analog vs. digital wound again; but, I think there is definitely a market for doing so. As far as is known, is this a possibility or perhaps already in the works? I'd get them in a heartbeat.

I agree that there is a market for it. We're coming up on the 50th anniversary of Dream a Little Dream, it would be great to see a reissue on vinyl for that or even to tie into her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

I wrote on here a little while ago that I'd love to see a release for Record Store Day, limited edition on colored vinyl or even a picture disc of Cass and Owen on the motorcycle. It'd be a treat for fans and maybe introduce people to some of her other music.
oldschooljamz87

Postby Lilry1 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:32 am

jcg wrote:I was wondering, due to the phenomenal resurgence of vinyl records, if Cass' catalog of solo material will be released on that format. I don't want to open the old analog vs. digital wound again; but, I think there is definitely a market for doing so. As far as is known, is this a possibility or perhaps already in the works? I'd get them in a heartbeat.

I'd really love to see Cass' solo material reissued! I just hate having to play the originals.Also a new fresh copy would be nice :D :D
Lilry1

Postby Rbcsoup » Thu May 04, 2017 7:53 am

Great ideas. And what a generous offer, Roger. I am not sure the money nor the market is there for Cass' work to be reissued on vinyl at this point but we can dream can't we?
Rbcsoup

Postby Lilry1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Rbcsoup wrote:Great ideas. And what a generous offer, Roger. I am not sure the money nor the market is there for Cass' work to be reissued on vinyl at this point but we can dream can't we?

We may not have the money, but I do think we have the market. People are always searching for cass at the record trade shows I go to. I know, a couple of years ago, Sundazed reissued some Mamas and Papas LPS on vinyl and CD. Maybe they would be interested in reissuing some of cass' records???
Lilry1

Postby jcg » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:55 pm

^^^ At the very least, re-release the RCA 1972 Cass Elliot album. Her absolute best solo album.
jcg

Postby Nicole » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:44 am

Hi jcg,
One of my favorite songs from that album, is "Jesus was a Crossmaker". :D
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion