Is this board dying?

Talkin' to your toothbrush...& other Cass Elliot Friends!

Moderators: Admin, Rbcsoup

Is this board dying?

Postby glennc » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:59 am

Where are fans going lately to discuss the passings of Hal Blaine, Peter Tork and his connection with Cass' family, Rusty (Michelle's sister). Also the soon to be released documentary "Echos of the Canyon" which will be full of Mamas and Papas related stuff, including a cover of "Go Where You Wanna Go," by Jakob Dylan. There was a time when all of this would have been discussed on this board! I am not on Facebook- Is that where Mamas and Papas and Cass fans are talking to each other now?
glennc

Re: Is this board dying?

Postby Nicole » Wed May 01, 2019 7:27 am

Hi glennc,
You can find a link to a YouTube video of Echo in the Canyon In the Mamas and Papas forum here.
Take care,
Nicole :mrgreen:
Nicole

Postby glennc » Wed May 01, 2019 2:16 pm

Hey Nicole- thanks a lot. Appreciate it. Can't wait to see it. Of course Cass' place was the salon! She introduced Crosby to Nash, etc. Someone told me that, in the upcoming film about Elton John, he is depicted as going to her house when he arrives in LA. I wonder if there will be an actress portraying her in that film!
glennc

Postby Nicole » Fri May 03, 2019 7:14 am

Hi glennc,
I hope so. that would be interesting to see. :)
Take care,
Nicole

Movie: Rocket Man. Wild Women

Postby roger » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Just saw the new Elton John movie, RocketMan. I thought it was very good. There is one scene where it is announced that they are all going over to a party at Mama Cass’. The scene from the party is cool with a lot of people and couples meandering around. Bongs sitting around. Nobody there that looked like it would have been Cass… but Wild Women was playing in the background. Am curious to see if it will be included in the soundtrack to the movie.
roger

Postby Nicole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:55 am

Hi roger,
That would be interesting, if it was included. :D
Take care,
Nicole

Return to General Cass Elliot Discussion